cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DMARC initiative

1 REPLY 1
Team Player

Every now and again either my incoming or outgoing mail doesn't respond so rather than have to go through the nightmare that is trying to get TT to resolve the problem I use Gmail but using my TT email address as the sent from, this is something I've done for numerous years.

This morning once again I couldn't send emails so I copied the content to my gmail and used my TT email address as the sender but they're now being rejected as blocked with the following.

Message blocked
Your message to xxxxxxxxx has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

The response was:

550 5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from talktalk.net is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of talktalk.net domain if this was a legitimate mail.

Anybody able to explain / help?

PB Frewer
Community Star

Hi @Oneeasygeezer 

The failure to send error message is from gMail's server. It's normal practice not to allow the sending of mail from a different domain other than gMail unless the gMail server has been set to authenticate the sending of your mail messages.

Usually gMail will use the error message to reject incoming mail to gMail addresses when the sending domain does not have a DMARC policy of how to handle error notifications. GMail explanation here.

TalkTalk does have a DMARC policy and the reject / quarantine policy is enabled.

For more information here's a link to Wiki

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer