Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Delays and Hard Bounces Sending to TalkTalk email addresses

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Popular Poster

My clients are having this problem. I provide them with a club management website and they are sending messages to their members. I have over 70 club websites and they all send emails through a third-party mail server linked to our sites (Pepipost). None of these emails are spam and all are sent to legitimate members. The emails to their members with TalkTalk, Tiscali and Pipex email addresses are all being delayed and eventually hard-bouncing. This includes test emails that the administrators (with TalkTalk and Tiscali email addresses) are sending to themselves. Here are some of the error messages received by our mail host:

Error: "452 4.2.0 urVkitIX8ouDsurVkifcTT Content defered (TT991)" while connected from mail39.pepihost.com (103.52.182.39) to mx.tiscali.co.uk (62.24.139.42)

​Error: "452 4.2.0 urX1i8RQ3iIizurX1iAdaF Content defered (TT991)" while connected from mail61.pepihost.com (103.52.182.61) to mx.talktalk.net (62.24.202.42)

The mail host servers are not on any black lists that I can see. This is completely unworkable - I can hardly tell my clients they can't send to any talktalk email addresses - especially when some of the administrators are using TalkTalk and Tiscali themselves! It looks like our messages are being filtered out, which can't be right.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

www.myclubhouse.co.uk
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi myClubhouse, please send all the following details to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com: Please include the timestamp the mail was sent, sender address & recipient address. Feel free to send as many examples as you have.

Cheers

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady,

Thank you for your response. I sent an email last night with the email log file attached. Please can you confirm if it has been received?

Thanks,

Joanne

www.myclubhouse.co.uk
Highlighted
First Timer

Here is a similar post which might be helpful: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Pipex-Email-Undeliverable-TT512/m-p/2334585#M11190...

Also, in the below error, there is an error saying "Content defered", this seems to some anti-spam rule on TalkTalk which is filtering out the content. 

Error: "452 4.2.0 urVkitIX8ouDsurVkifcTT Content defered (TT991)" while connected from mail39.pepihost.com (103.52.182.39) to mx.tiscali.co.uk (62.24.139.42)
Error: "452 4.2.0 urX1i8RQ3iIizurX1iAdaF Content defered (TT991)" while connected from mail61.pepihost.com (103.52.182.61) to mx.talktalk.net (62.24.202.42)

As per Pepipost logs; I can see a pattern where the TalkTalk server is once accepting the email and second time rejecting with hard bounce reason code. Here is one sample log for the same email address. For privacy purpose, I have removed the email address from the logs.

2020-01-29 02:12:41+0530 (bad destination mailbox address),smtp;550 5.1.1 wXh4iJvSxnnES Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)
2020-01-29 03:30:28+0530 (success),smtp;250 2.0.0 wYuLiTU3NhwpOwYuLiqo8S mail accepted for delivery

Highlighted

Hi Joanne, thanks for that very comprehensive information. I've raised the ticket for you and will update you as soon as the response is available.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi geniusdibya, please send all the following details to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com: Please include the timestamp the mail was sent, sender address & recipient address. Feel free to send as many examples as you have.

Cheers

Ady

Hi Joanne, I've had word back that you've been granted higher sending limits. That should see your problems sorted. Please let me know how you get on.

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks, I will ask my clients to test.

www.myclubhouse.co.uk
Highlighted

Please let me know how you get on.

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I was told the problem had been sorted out, and all was fine for a couple of weeks, but yesterday two more perfectly valid emails bounced. I received these notifications:

62.24.202.42 - smtp;550 5.1.0 1dKZjqx88zOdU Sender Domain Invalid (TT403)

62.24.202.42 - smtp;550 5.1.1 1Xl8jzTi5FsVU Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

Is there anything that can be done to stop them permanently?

Thank you.

www.myclubhouse.co.uk
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @myClubhouse 

Ady's not online right now.

The original spam mail filtering allowed your mail server higher sending limits because of the number of individual senders you were supporting.

The current bounceback indicates that the sender may not have correctly authenticated your mail server as an authorised sender. Might be worth a check and let us know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Dear Gondola, 

Thank you for your reply.

All sending domains are correctly authenticated with SPF settings as our third-party mail server requires it. 

In both cases yesterday's bounced emails were sent from our own domain (myclubhouse.co.uk).

Thanks,

Joanne

www.myclubhouse.co.uk
Highlighted

Hi Joanne, was the 512 error from sending to a pipex email address? 

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady,

No, both errors came from talktalknet email addresses.

Thanks,

Joanne

www.myclubhouse.co.uk
Highlighted
Popular Poster
talktalk.net
www.myclubhouse.co.uk
Highlighted

Would you send me the TalkTalk.net address by personal message?

Ady