cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Delete Onetel Email accounts - another one!

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I too  have just joined this forum to try to sort this out. I can see that it is a common question but I am NOT a Talk Talk customer therefore I can't do any of the stuff about adding details to my account. There are two ancient Onetel email accounts that I would like permanently deleted, however one is my wife's so lets just deal with mine first. I do NOT know the passwords since the accounts have not been used for 10 years. I have added to my Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) my full name, current address and telephone numbers and then all of the other information in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page as required. Please advise if any further information is needed to delete or suspend prior to subsequent deletion. Many thanks.DB

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Anonymous 

The Data Protection team are the ones to delete both of the onetel email accounts for you and your wife. Deletion is a good choice to protect your online security.  Just make a single postal application for both. 

Have you checked that the email accounts are still live?  Not used for 10 years and I'd think they would already be deleted. You could send each of the email addresses a message to see if you get a bounceback of 'mailbox not available' or a similar response.

The TalkTalk team here could check to see if both addresses are still on the active database.

When it comes to a request for deletion of an active email account, the Data Protection team will need to verify you're the registered users of the emails by reference to the home address and 'phone number registered at the time the email address was issued, together with your current personal data for verification.

Just follow the guide in Access information we hold on you - scroll down and expand the section on the Right to Erasure.

Although it's a postal application because they need to see copies of personal data, for verification, reports say that the process is handled quickly.  Please update us on the outcome as it's good to get feedback.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gondola,

Another excellent response, thank you.

I have sent emails to both addresses with no "bounceback", so as suspected it seems they are still live, very surprising after all these years.

I will move on to your second suggestion to apply for "Erasure" with Data Protection Team, by post.  May take a while but I will let you know the outcome.  Thanks for your advice.   DB

Community Team

Hi nyorks, you can also call customer services and request to be put through to the team to have the mailboxes deleted. Please let us know how you get on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi OCE_Ady,

Thanks for your advice.  I have already taken the SnailMail route but will certainly follow up with your suggestion if I get no result.  Many thanks for responding.    DB

Community Team

You're very welcome. Please do let us know how you get on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gondola,    

Success!   Received letter from TalkTalk Data Protection Officer yesterday confirming deletion of our two Onetel email accounts, in response to the two letters sent  4 weeks ago.  So many thanks for your advice which was very much appreciated.    DB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi OCE_Ady,    

Success!   Received letter from TalkTalk Data Protection Officer yesterday confirming deletion of our two Onetel email accounts, in response to the two letters sent  4 weeks ago.  So many thanks for your advice which was very much appreciated.    DB.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi nyorks 

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. A tad longer to get the result than I'd expected but your feedback is always good.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi nyorks, that's great. It seems the number of requests means that the team are having to take the full 30 days allowed at times.