would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Delete Tiscali Account

ANSWERED
10 REPLIES 10
hartgo2
First Timer

Hi, another one I'm afraid. My Tiscali account has been hacked multiple times and I do not use this account anymore and I would like to delete it. 

As normal, there's no support that is of help to me but I believe you can suspend the account for 180 days?

Could someone please advise me how to make this happen?

Thanks in advance

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @hartgo2

There are two options.

1. Have the password changed to secure the account and request account suspension pending full deletion in 6 months
  2. (Recommended) ask the Data Protection Team to delete the email account and its contents

The article Access information we hold on you in the section called the Right to Erasure contains details of what to provide to the DP team to prove your identity and they'll also need the 'phone number and address registered against the tiscali email account to link you to the email address requested for deletion.

It's possible to call customer services and ask to be put through to the Data Protection Team.  If it's possible for the team to verify your personal data then job done.

Let us know what option you'd prefer.  If you do take the recommended route to the DP team either as a postal or telephone application then come back and update us in due course on any issues faced and how swift it was to get the email address deleted.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi hartgo2, I've sent you a Personal Message to obtain the necessary information to allow us to delete the email address for you. 

hartgo2
First Timer

Thank you Gondola, but I have already spent hours with online support only to be told they couldn't do anything. Finally managed to speak to technical team who said they would close it within a week - that was about 6 weeks ago. The problem seems to be that I do not have a Talktalk account and no personal information in my Tiscali account so they seem unwilling to do anything despite the fact I have unknowns resetting passwords on old accounts, and signing in on devices using my tiscali AppleID which I keep resetting! Someone even managed to get hold of current payment details and used them in an account I hadn't used for years but that I had opened using my tiscali address. I just want it shut down so that no one can use it to access accounts I've forgotten about.

hartgo2
First Timer

Thank you Ady but as you may have read in my reply to Gondola, there is no personal information to verify in my tiscali account and I don't have an account with Talktalk as I don't pay any bills with them, therefore, no-one seems able to help. I don't even have the ability to reset my own password which indicates how little control I have over my email address since Talktalk took it over and yet hackers from China, India, South America etc can use it to reset my passwords and access old accounts and use it to sign in on various devices. Can you delete it with any other kind of verification from me?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi hartgo2 

Without adequate verification then deletion isn't possible as deletion is non reversible.

I've a feeling that your request may need to be referred to the CEO office agents to authorise the Data Protection Team to delete the email account.

If OCE_Ady isn't able to verify who you are and verify that you're the registered user of the email address by obtaining the required 5 items of personal data to verify against the registered details then the deletion request will need to go to the CEO office to consider accepting some alternate means of verification.

If you sign in to Community and look top right of any forum page you'll see your avatar and hopefully a blue envelope icon with a number in a red circle and if you click on that you'll see the Private Message (PM) that Ady will have sent you. Reply to that PM with the requested details and take it from there.  If full verification is possible then job done. If not then the case will be escalated up on Monday.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi hartgo2,

I've PM'd you requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Hartgo2,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Chris

Community Team
Solution

Hi hartgo2,

Thanks for the PM

I've raised this as a complaint to our CEO's Office, one of our Complaint Managers should be in contact within 5 working days

Thanks

Chris

hartgo2
First Timer
Hi Chris

Just to let you know, the CEO's office called me today - my Tiscali account should be deleted within 30 days. Many thanks for all your help!

Kind regards

Anita
Community Team

That's great Anita, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

Ady