cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Delete a Webmail Account plus automatic forwarding from Talk Talk Webmail in-box to new webmail prov

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

I have tried Talk Talk Customer Service who were less than helpful on several levels, mainly because I am a Webmail user only and do not have a My Account.

I have received the email from Talk Talk notifying me of the end of free Webmail from the end of September 2019. I will be obtaining a new Webmail provider and will migrate to this over a number of weeks.

Firstly how do I set up an automatic forwarding function from my Tiscali webmail account in-box to my new webmail provider?

Secondly when I have finished my migration activities for security reasonsI do not want my Tiscali webmail account to be open for a further 6 months from the end of September 2019 and would like a process to instruct Talk Talk to delete my Tiscali webmail account when I have completed testing on my new replacement webmail account?

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @clive764 

The Auto Forward setup is in the TalkTalk Mail Settings.

Auto Forward Enable.png

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail and then:

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon or cog icon for mobile)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow icon alongside Mail, left side panel (or Email)
  • Under Mail, select Auto Forward
  • In the Auto Forward pane
    Enter the email address in the box
    Select the Enable tick-box
    Select Keep a copy of the messages (in the TalkTalk Inbox)
    Select Process subsequent rules if there are more filtering actions
  • Done

The deletion process for a TalkTalk Mailbox is explained in the article About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

You will need to either subscribe to TalkTalk Mail plus (a one month fee of £5) and then delete the Mailbox yourself in the MyAccount that will be created for you to manage your TalkTalk Mailboxes.

Or you will need to request deletion by the TalkTalk Data Protection team following the postal application process and the requirements outlined in the article Access information we hold on you - expand the section Right to Erasure.

Or simply allow the mailbox to be suspended after 6 months and self-destruct through non-use... although I agree with you that this is the least desirable for security reasons.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi clive764, Gondola has given you the right advice. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

No Gondola hasn't, I haven't got a My Account (as I stated in my original post) I am a Webmail only user with a Tiscali address.

It cannot be too difficult to delete my account on request rather than it still being active for 6 months. I remember now why I left Talk Talk and why there there is so much disatisfaction with the lack of Customer Service.

All I want to do is request the deletion of my webmail account when I have migrated, for security reasons.

First Timer

Your mailbox deletion advice through Talk Talk Mail Plus is not valid as it requires having My Account, I haven't got a My Account (as I stated in my original post) I am a Webmail only user with a Tiscali address.

It cannot be too difficult to delete my account on request rather than it still being active for 6 months. I remember now why I left Talk Talk and why there there is so much disatisfaction with the lack of Customer Service.

All I want to do is request the deletion of my webmail account when I have migrated, for security reasons.

Highlighted
Community Star

@clive764 wrote:...All I want to do is request the deletion of my webmail account when I have migrated, for security reasons.

You'll be given a MyAccount if you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus. But if you don't wish to be a TalkTalk Mail plus subscriber then just make a postal application to the Data Protection Team requesting deletion of your email account.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Gondola gave you 2 channels if you had MyAccount and if you didn't so I feel Gondola was precise accurate and gave a complete answer to your question. In fact I would say it deserves to be marked as the best answer. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.