Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Deleted mail box by accident

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I deleted my husbands work mail box by accident. I’ve just paid for mail plus as my land line is disconnected. How or when can I add it back?

Dooley’s mum
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Is it a TalkTalk managed address ? What is the last part of the address after the @ sign?

From where and how did you delete it?

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Chatterbox

It ends with TalkTalk.net and I think it was in manage mail box

Dooley’s mum
Highlighted
Enlightened One

That sounds like a function within your My Account. I am sure @Gondola will be along shortly to advise what, if anything, can be done.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, how do I refresh this page to see new replies?

Dooley’s mum
Highlighted
Enlightened One

@Ccribbin wrote:

Thank you, how do I refresh this page to see new replies?

In the same way that you refresh any webpage in your web browser.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Please help us, this is the only way my husbands business will survive through this

Dooley’s mum
Highlighted
Community Star

Your thread is already in the workflow for TT  staff.  

Try not to post further till you get a response from staff or @Gondola .

For staff to identify your account,  @Ccribbin , please complete your community forum profile details.  Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; save any changes. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Ccribbin, 

Sorry for the delayed reply and to unfortunately advise that once deleted from myaccount there is no way to recover the mailbox, this is why we have the "are you sure" message before the mailbox is removed to help mitigate any accidental deletions. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I can still get my emails via web mail but not on mail app
Dooley’s mum
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Ccribbin 

You're confirming that you can sign in to the mailbox via an Internet browser and the TalkTalk Mail sign in here and you can see the Inbox and compose and send the same mailbox address a message and that message appears in the Inbox. Yes?

You're also saying that you have subscribed to TalkTalk Mail Plus because you're not a current TalkTalk consumer broadband customer. Yes?

About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

When you subscribed to MailPlus you'll have received an email confirmation giving you the MailPlus MyAccount number and the Direct Debit details.

Have you signed in to the MyAccount to make sure the email address is already listed in the My Mailboxes? The reason for asking is to make sure the subscription went though ok and if the mailbox is listed then setting up an email account again using an email client or app should be a problem.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Yes. I can see both our mail boxes listed there but can’t use them
Dooley’s mum
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Ccribbin 

You say you can access the mail messages via webmail.  So, that at least is going to keep you in contact.

But, if you cannot access mail messages via an email app that implies either the app isn't working / set up correctly or the mailboxes are restricted to webmail access only. 

The mailboxes are listed in your MyAccount. If that's the new Mailplus MyAccount then the mailboxes will not be restricted.

Are you signing in to the new MailPlus MyAccount or your former broadband customer MyAccount?  If it's the former broadband customer MyAccount then there's likely to be a yellow banner message below the My Mailboxes that indicates you do not have an active subscription.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Not a broadband or Mail Plus customer

Let us know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer