cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Deleted @talktalk.net email address still shows up on My Account.

19 REPLIES 19
an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

So, I deleted a @talktalk.net email address, as I no longer need one, however it still shows up in the 'Manage TalkTalk Mail' section of My Account. When I try to click 'delete' to remove the account, it shows this error message: "Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later". 

This issue has been occurring for a couple of weeks now, and still doesn't work. I've created other TalkTalk Mail accounts and deleted them without any issue. It's just this one email address that doesn't want to be removed. When I try to change the password via reset details, or try to login via talktalk.co.uk/mail, it tells me the account has been deleted, but it still shows up in My Account. I've tried different browsers, devices and have even cleared the cache and deleted browser history, all to no avail.

Would love to have this issue sorted, and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

Hi an1sa_k, you're great at finding our incidents just lately and this is another. There's an open incident for this. I've got no estimated fix date to give you I'm afraid. 

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady I'm glad to hear that the issue has been logged. Hopefully, it won't take much time to fix.

I guess I have a knack for discovering things that don't work. I hope I'm not thought to be irritating. 

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

I'm here to help and to do that I have to get things fixed or help you to find the way to do what you need to do, so although I don't want to wish problems on you, please feel free to find things for me to help you with. I'm always happy to help with whatever I can.

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Ady,

I was just wondering if there has been any updates on this issue and when it's likely to be fixed. 

Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

I've had no update and I've not been given any idea on when it's going to be fixed. However, I do know someone who may be able to help so I'm off to find out for you and I'll post back shortly. 

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Okay, that's fine.

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

I'm told an update is needed and it's been planned, but we've not been given the date that's expected to complete.

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady 

It's good to know that the issue is due to be fixed, albeit there is no date set yet. Hopefully, it'll be soon. 

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

Hi an1sa_k,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience

Chris

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Chris @OCE_Ady 

Just wondering if there has been any updates on this issue and if there's now a timescale of when it's due to be fixed.

Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

We were told this had been fixed. Are you still unable to delete it? 

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to delete the email address. The error message that shows is; "Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later."

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

Ok thanks for confirming that. I'll go back to the team and let them know. 

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Thank you very much 😁

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

I managed to find out yesterday that we've identified the cause of the problem and the team have a plan to get this fixed very soon. I can't give you a specific day and time yet, but I'm led to believe it's close.

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Any new updates on when this is likely to be fixed? @OCE_Ady @OCE_Chris 

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

I know that the fix has been tested and confirmed but I've not been told when MyAccount will be updated. I'll let you know as soon as I can. 

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid
Community Team

You're welcome, I just wish it was more precise information regarding a date of the fix.