Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Deleting email addresses

2 REPLIES 2
Jeffy
First Timer

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I asked TalkTalk to add my Tiscali email addresses to my account so they would not be deleted. Of the 5 I told them to add they only correctly added one, the others all having spelling mistakes. I tried to delete the ones I did not need in the hope I could add the ones on I needed. I went to My Account, clicked My Services then to Manage Email. When I clicked delete it said 'Sorry we cannot delete this mailbox at the moment please retry or come back later'. I have tried this repeatedly but with the same response every time. How can I get rid of the mailboxes I don't need and add on the ones I do? Any help gratefully received.

Jeffy
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Jeffy 

Why do Tech Support make these fundamental errors creating extra work!

The reason you're seeing the error message is because the MyAccount delete process looks on the active mailbox database to find and correctly delete an active mailbox. It'll never find those erroneous entries so the process terminates with the error message.

TalkTalk will need to manually remove the 'wrong' entries for you.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the 'wrong' email address(es) and then save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Jeffy
First Timer
Hi Gondola.
Many thanks for your help. I have added the information to my profile and I will wait and see if TalkTalk can remove the wrong email addresses.
Jeffy