Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Disable / delete old Onetel webmail account

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My old onetel webmail account is no longer used, can it please be disabled or deleted, thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @mikeonetel 

We've been here before with this same request. And before then.

And in both cases referred you to the Data Protection Team to request mailbox deletion.This is your right under the GDPR. But you do have to contact the DP team initially via any of the TalkTalk Contact Us methods and follow their guidance.  If the DP team are ok with verifying you via email they'll certainly let you know.

You said you were not happy to send the DP team copies of personal data to verify yourself as the registered user and because of that OCE_Ady has suggested that you follow the Complaints procedures to involve a CEO office nominated agent try and resolve this for you.

The reason that deletion is not yet under your direct control is because the mailbox is still on a legacy mail platform rather than on the TalkTalk Mail platform with customers managing the mailbox deletion via their MyAccount that all broadband and Mail Plus customers use.

The next best thing that we can pursue is to authorise a password change with an ultra-strong password to secure the email account.  This neither disables the mailbox nor deletes it but will make it as secure as possible.

Let us know your preferred choice.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello!

By all means reset the password to secure the account and mark it for deletion when you eventually get round to retiring all legacy platforms.   Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi mikeonetel 

I've alerted the TalkTalk Support Team and the next step is that they'll reply to you here and will then Community Personal Message you to ask for personal data to verify you as the onetel mail user.

NB The TalkTalk Team have OCE_ prefixing their username and Community Team as their tag so only respond to a data request from one of the Community Team.

Personal Messaging is via the envelope icon top right by your Avatar image on Community forum pages when signed in to Community.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mikeonetel, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information we need to reset the password for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.