cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

E Mail Filters

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

Can someone explain to me why Talktalk e-mail has suddenly started deleting all E Mail Filter Rules I have established? And, even more helpfully, how I stop them being deleted???? Grateful for any advice or help. Many thanks.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Johnny-D1-RWEW, we don't delete email filters and don't have a process to delete the filters automatically. When did this start to happen? When did you last reset the password for the email? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

First Timer

Hi Ady,

This started a few weeks ago and happened several days in succession before I suspemded setting up filters. I'm guessing it's a software glitch which is deleting the filter rules I establish rather than deliberate action? I haven't reset the e-mails password for some time - the only recent change is that I took out a new contract with Talktalk and received a new router (and internet password) just befoew my problem started. The filters I set do 'register' but disappear later, usually overnight. Any ideas?

John

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John, first thing to do is change your email password. If there were a glitch I'd be seeing hundreds of customers reporting the same. I can't access your webmail to check your filters so have to trust you. What I do next is to raise a fault ticket for the email admins to investigate this issue. I need you to confirm that you've not changed the filters and that you've changed the password recently. Once that's done please add your landline and mobile numbers to your community profile and add the affected email address to private notes in your profile. I'll then raise the fault ticket for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.