Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email Account Hacked

54 REPLIES 54
rosgibson
Team Player

Yesterday my Amazon Account was hacked, I then went to login to my talktalk webmail and that tells me that my email address is blocked, I have tried to run through the reset my password process but this just tells me that "This email address is blocked" and will not let me proceed.

Unfortunately I have not had a talktalk land line or broadband for over 10 years now as I moved so am unable to access my account to reset this.

I have put my old details in my personal profile, should you need anything else please let me know.

Please can someone help as I have so much registered to this email address and obviously at this time knowing my Amazon account has been hacked its important that I regain access to my emails.

Thank you in advance.

Community Team

Hi rosgibson, I've sent you a personal message to obtain all the information necessary to unblock the account and setup password recovery for you.

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_Ady 

As per your PM I have sent you the details you requested, should you need anything else then please let me know.

Thanks

Ros

Community Team

Hi Ros, I've got everything I need and have raised your fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on.

rosgibson
Team Player

Thank you, I will await their response.

Community Team

Hopefully you won't have to long to wait. 

rosgibson
Team Player
Any update on this as I still have not heard anything from Talk talk.
Community Team

I'm afraid I can't chase it for another 24 hours yet. I can send the chaser tomorrow afternoon for you. 

rosgibson
Team Player

Ok Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Team

You're welcome. 

rosgibson
Team Player
@OCE_Ady Still not heard anything please can you chase them and find out what's happening.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Ros

Password Reset details may have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset. Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

But if the email admins still haven't been able to set up password recovery or get a new password to you then Ady will pick up on Monday.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

rosgibson
Team Player
@Gondola as per my first post In this thread I have already tried the reset process but to no avail. I will wait for @OCE_Ady to get back to me tommorow.
Community Team

Hi rosgibson, I've chased this, but as they've mad it part of an incident I don't know how successful that will be. I'll chase again this afternoon. 

rosgibson
Team Player
Thank you @OCE_Ady but what do you mean by making it part of an incident?
Community Team

Other customers are affected and it's a system issue rather than a fault. I've sent a chaser though so hopefully we'll get some traction on it today. 

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_AdyDid you manage to find out any more?

Community Team

I'm afraid I didn't get any reply at all from my colleague. I've escalated it this morning. 

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_Adyhave you had any luck with your colleague this morning?

Community Team

I've had a reply, but basically he said it's an incident and will be fixed in due course.