cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email Account Hacked

rosgibson
Team Player
We need to regain access to our email account urgently as our Amazon account has been hacked and the only way we can verify we own the account is via our Talktalk email, also we have so many other things tied to this email address so your colleague saying it will be fixed in due course is really not helpful.
Community Team

If you feel you need to you can always raise a complaint to the CEO team. You'll find their contact details in the how do I make a complaint article under the heading If you're still unhappy with our response. 

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_Ady as I say email is very important to us all now and to lose access to your email account causes many complications dealing with other online services, to be told it will be sorted in due course  really isn’t satisfactory. I have given all the security details you have requested.

What exactly is he “Incident” that mine and other accounts are caught up in?

Community Team

It relates to blocked mailboxes were the password can't be reset. I've asked the incident managers for an update on the incident. I'll post back with the latest. 

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_AdyThank you I look forward to your update.

Community Team

I've pressed for action again this morning. If I don't get any joy I'm going to see if I can circumvent the process and speed this up for you. 

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_Andy Thank you for your help so far with this, as I have stressed, due to our Amazon account being hacked and Amazon wanting verification to be carried out via our Talktalk email address, it is ever important that we can get back into our Talktalk emails as quickly as possible.

Thanks Again.

Community Team

I currently have 2 or 3 of you in the same boat. I'll do my best to get you back online as quickly as possible. 

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_AdyThank you.

Community Team

You're welcome.

rosgibson
Team Player
@OCE_Ady It's been just over 2 weeks since we have been able access our emails now. Is there any update?
Community Team

I'm sorry this is taking so long to get sorted. I've sent another chaser to the email admins to get it sorted. If not I'll be able to escalate further. 

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_AdyThanks, please can you escalate this further as I am desperate to get back into my emails so that I can regain control of my on of my online retail accounts.

Community Team

I've asked if there's any chance of a quick fix or if we need to raise this to the CEO team for a faster response. I'll let you know what I hear back.

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_Adyhave you heard anything back?

Community Team

Hi rosgibson,

Sorry, can't see an update. Would you like me to raise it as a complaint?

Chris

rosgibson
Team Player

@OCE_Chris  please raise this as a complaint to the CEO team as I have now been without email for nearly 3 weeks and am desperate to get back into my emails as one of my online shopping accounts has been hacked at the same time and I urgently need to get to my emails so that I can prove I am the rightful owner of the account.

Community Team

OK, I'll raise a complaint, how would you like to be contacted? If you'd like to be contacted on landline or mobile what it the best time to call?

Chris

rosgibson
Team Player
Thank you it would be best to contact me via email (my Gmail address that I have used for the Talktalk community as I don't have access to my Talktalk address).
Community Team

OK thanks, just one last thing, is the address in the private notes section of your community profile, your current address?

Chris