Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email After Account Closure

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have been told that TalkTalk may allow for their POP/IMAP email service to be used even after closing the account.  Note: Not TalkTalk webmail, which I don't use.

Can anyone provide me with documentation or a link to support this?

Is there a monthly charge for this service?

I am happy to set up more email accounts with a new provider with the hassle of advising all my contact and websites, but would prefer to retain the same addresses used for over twenty years since the days of Tiscali.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @porkie22 

Yes, TalkTalk are happy for you to continue using up to 5 email addresses and mailboxes on the TalkTalk Mail platform including the collection of messages via email apps and clients via POP3 or IMAP (recommended).  In return for a £5 per month or £50 per year subscription fee paid by Direct Debit you'll also have a new TalkTalk 'Mail Plus' MyAccount to manage those mailboxes.

The article you're looking for is About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

If you do rejoin TalkTalk as a broadband customer the TalkTalk 'Mail Plus' subscription will cease. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi porkie22, please don't call up trying to take the offer in Gondola's post. Although the information is totally accurate you can't sign up until you receive notification of the offer. If you haven't left yet you cannot sign up for the deal, but once you leave us you will be offered the service. At present the service is very new and we're monitoring the processes as they take place meaning we track the order from the original mail about the product through to completion of the order, this means you've got to wait for the mail to sign up. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

In reply to my letter to TalkTalk (which I had to send because I couldn't get anyone to answer the telephone) advising them of my intent to terminate and continue with email, they decided to completely ignore my request to retain my email and not even mention it. I therefore have no choice but to change my email service on the basis they don't even want my email custom. I have no idea as to how they think they can remain in business with their current attitudes to customers who want to pay them, but there we have it.

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @porkie22 

Just popping in to say that TalkTalk will keep your TalkTalk mailbox active when your broadband service is switched and all you need do is sign in to TalkTalk Mail at least once every 180 days.  Email clients connecting using POP3 or IMAP will be supported.

Your Broadband MyAccount will remain active for 12 months after your broadband service is switched.

TalkTalk Mail will remain free until you do receive the emailed invitation to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

Then, if you take up the offer to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus you'll get a new Mail Plus MyAccount to manage the mailboxes and the Direct Debit. Email clients connecting using POP3 or IMAP will be supported during that subscription.

Ady is saying is that you cannot proactively request a Mail Plus MyAccount you just wait to be offered it by TalkTalk and until then just carry on using TalkTalk Mail for free.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi porkie22, Gondola is right. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.