Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email Password Recovery Options

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Hayleybo
First Timer

Is anyone else having issues with email password recovery via SMS?

H.O'Brien
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Hayleybo

If you mean is everyone else trying password recovery via SMS text finding that there's an error message saying it's not working then yes.

Reset your password 3 - SMS fail to send issue.png

But password recovery via the alternative email address is working fine.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Hayleybo
First Timer
It's been like it for five days now.
H.O'Brien
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Hayleybo 

The text reset for email password recovery has been out of action since early September.

Are you able to sign in to TalkTalk Mail to set up Reset details or do you already have an alternate email address to receive a password reset link?

i.e. do you need additional help to change or reset a mailbox password?

Hayleybo
First Timer

No I don't have an alternative email stored on my account. I don't have access to My account either as I don't use talktalk anymore just my emails. It's so frustrating. I have called talktalk and just get told my case is being looked at.

H.O'Brien
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi Hayleybo 

No worries. If you cannot sign in to your TalkTalk Mail then I'll escalate your case to the TalkTalk team and it'll be picked up on Monday and the team will set up Reset details for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread and Community Private Message you to verify the registered email user details:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

Hayleybo
First Timer

Thank you for your help. 

H.O'Brien
Community Team

Hi Hayleybo, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information from you to raise a ticket to get recovery setup for you.