Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email Plus Warning

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
R Garnett
Participant

I have been a talktalk customer for over 5 years and in that time have 1 email address @talktalk.net. in January 2020 I set up a new subscription and all communication with Talktalk was through that 1 email address.

3 weeks ago I received an email that stated as I no longer had a talktalk subscription I would no longer be able to access my email through POP3 and my emails would be deleted.

When I look at my email settings my account email is listed but there is a yellow banner stating that I do not have a valid broadband or email plus subscription.

Whilst I have raised this with technical support team they are now rejecting any emails saying that I don't have an active incident number.

It is imperative that I have this email address and its functionality through my phone so cant have it going dead sometime tomorrow, as the email suggested it would.

Can some one help.

Richard Garnett
ferguson
Community Star

Can you just clarify that you are in fact a current TalkTalk customer? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @R Garnett 

First, don't worry.

Your talktalk mailbox will not be deleted. It's added to your broadband MyAccount so that's ok.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team about the yellow banner message in your MyAccount.  They'll get the back office Digital Ops team to have a look at removing it. 

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

R Garnett
Participant
Yes. New broadband subscription started in January. I moved in January and the new subscription was a replacement for the one at the previous flat.
Richard Garnett
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi Richard

That explains why the banner message is there in MyAccount because it relates to the former service. I've already asked the TalkTalk team to move your talktalk mailbox from the old to the new MyAccount so you'll have full management of that and any other mailboxes you choose to create.

There may be a bit of a delay in actioning but no mailboxes will be deleted.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

R Garnett
Participant
Thank you for your help.
The email account is still active on my phone through POP3 which was my primary concern.
The yellow banner is still visible on the account page but I have no need for extra mailboxes I can live with that for now.
Richard Garnett