Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email aaddress deactivated

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I have an email address that during the recent outages (yes, I know TalkTalk doesn't tell anybody what's going on and does not have a dedicated tab on it's own website with up to date information as, that would make life easy for its customers and TalkTalk like to make everything as hard as possible, but I digress).

One of my email addresses receives emails, but I cannot send them out. When I log onto the TalkTalk website and try and sign in to that email address I get a message (deactivated - 0001).

I have phoned TalkTalk and after the mandatory 45 minutes on the phone you get nowhere except, someone reading from the script repeatedly asking the same questions over and over a again and the wants your mobile number so that someone can text you in 72 hours. Yes, it's appalling PR and TalkTalk apparently feel no shame for treating us poorly and having staff that know less than the customers a lot of the time..

However, does anyone know how to reactivate the SMTP side of this email address please?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Hughmoz

The mailbox has been deactivated.

Have you signed in to the mailbox in the 180 days before you saw the deactivation message?

Are you a current TalkTalk broadband customer and is the mailbox added to your MyAccount?

If not a current TalkTalk broadband customer are you subscribing to TalkTalk Mail Plus?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
I use it all the time. The problem was initiated when they had the outage on Saturday and I could not use my main email address so, I deleted that one temporarily. I thought and then when the emails came back on early this morning it would all be fine and tried to sign in and I found that on trying to sign into that email address that it had that notice by it. I have Charles D sorting it out now.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Hughmoz 

If you've deleted a mailbox in MyAccount then that is a permanent deletion of address and contents. There was a warning message.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Delete a mailbox.png

If you just removed an account from an email client then simply add the account back to the client.

Noted that you have Charles Dunstone sorting the issue for you. We'll leave that to you and Charles D's delegated CEO agent from here on. Once senior management get involved the TalkTalk Community Support team cannot get directly involved.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Hughmoz, I'll leave you in the capable hands of the CEO team. Feel free to let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Ady

The CEO team do no more than use the same positive and accommodating language that all businesses use to deflect things and do not actually do anything other than make excuses.They appear unable to have any influence on outcomes whatsoever. There is nothing happening with my case and I have been told by the CEO office nothing may happen for 5 days. My original call to TalkTalk said that a particular department would send me an SMS within 72 hours. Unfortunately TalkTalk live in a parallel universe where they pick up the money and drift along in a daydream with customer support that is so highly trained to obsess on procedures that nothing actually transpires. You never get to speak to anyone that can do anything. You get transferred to another department that go through the same procedures ad nauseam, but nobody actually does anything other than make excuses.

Highlighted

Please add the affected email address to private notes in your profile and I'll be happy to take a look.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Ok, but as, this website is such a mess, where are private notes and how do you use them? This site is so counter-intuitive! It says, private notes are in one's profile, but I can find nothing there except a lot of waffle. TalkTalk seem obsessed with status, instead of having a functional website that is intuitive and achieves something besides going around and around in circles. After all is said and done the forum only exists because, TalkTalk don't sort anything out, and phoning takes 45 minutes every time and that is just a procedure driven exercise where people make excuses, but don't do anything.

Highlighted

Click on your avatar, at the bottom of the screen in feint grey you'll see MySettings click on that and then from the dropdown choose personal information and then scroll to the bottom where you'll see private notes. 

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
It wasn't as you said, maybe because I'm on a desktop Mac, but I found it eventually (as I said before the site is very overcomplicated and not intuitive). I have added the relevant email address to the private notes. When thi is siorted out can I remove the content of thep rivate notes please?
Highlighted

I'm afraid that's marked as deleted and cannot be re-used.

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for looking. We will see what happens. Unlike TalkTalk I do not give up. 🙂

Highlighted

You're welcome. 

Ady