cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email account being cancelled

23 REPLIES 23
Popular Poster

I'm a talktalk costumer but I keep getting emails saying my account will be cancelled any help would be much appreciated

Rm
Community Star

Hi @K900rab 

All that's needed to protect your talktalk email mailboxes is to add them to your TalkTalk Consumer broadband MyAccount.

Here's how: Managing your email in My Account See Email not showing in your My Account

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Popular Poster
Thanks for speedy reply It is saying can not verify account
Rm
Community Star

Hi @K900rab 

I'm not sure from your answer as to what you're doing or where.  Sorry about that but I'll need more detail.

Have you signed in to your broadband MyAccount and selected My Services and then Manage TalkTalk Mail?

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

In My Mailboxes is there any yellow banner error message?

Can you select Add an existing mailbox from the link at the bottom?

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Add an existing lineone mailbox

And enter the first part of the email address, then select the last part of your email address from the drop-down list and enter the email password and then select the Add button.

Does the mailbox get added to the list of My Mailboxes?

Popular Poster

I have never signed into any account but when I try now it says not recognised I'm not very tech smart lol

Rm
Community Star

Hi K900rab 

Ah, if the email address is not recognised as a sign in for any MyAccount then maybe you haven't registered for an online MyAccount?

Do you get emails from TalkTalk with billing notifications each month or do you receive paper bills in the post?

If you receive paper bills then the solution is to get one of those bills to find your account number and telephone number and then register for MyAccount.

Registering for My Account (Click here)

If when registering for MyAccount you get a message saying you're already registered then if you do receive monthly billing notification emails from TalkTalk then that's the email address you registered for MyAccount.

Popular Poster

Hi I'm at work at the minute but will try when home tonight I will let you know how I get on cheers. I don't get emails I get paper bill 

Rm
Community Star

Hi K900rab 

Understood. That definitely means you should register for MyAccount for online billing notifications to save some money each month and to manage your TalkTalk services.

And having a MyAccount is essential to manage TalkTalk mailboxes.

Thank you for being one of our essential key workers. Stay safe and if you do need any further help then please come back anytime.

Popular Poster

Thank you could you tell me where to put what numbers please

Rm
Community Star

Hi K900rab 

Registering for My Account 

Start by selecting Registration - your details

MyAccount - Registration - your details.png

Popular Poster

Tried that last night then it says needs verified then I'm back to register problems

Rm
Community Star

Hi K900rab 

I don't recognise the error message.

Dp you get the red banner error message that indicates you're already registered with an email address?

You might need to take a screenshot an upload it here so I can see what you see.

Above this Reply area, the image upload icon is the camera (or picture on a mobile browser) that allows you to upload a screenshot.

Popular Poster

No bother will be in touch when I get a look at it again

Rm
Popular Poster

Screenshot_20200416-140836_Samsung Internet.jpg

 just tried from work phone this is what I get

Rm
Community Star

Hi K900rab 

Try this step when at home and connected to your broadband service. The system is recognising that you're trying to register a MyAccount from off the TalkTalk network. So, for security, it's not allowing you to proceed.

Popular Poster

Hi I tried last night off Wi-Fi on my phone do i need a laptop and is WIFI ok. This is same message I got last night also

Rm
Community Star

Hi K900rab 

If you had mobile data switched off on your phone to ensure you were definitely connected to Wi-Fi and your phone does connect to your home broadband router then that would satisfy the security requirements.

Maybe, further data is required.  If so, the TalkTalk team will request that via Personal Messaging here in Community and set up the MyAccount for you including a password recovery email address and mobile phone number. 

Popular Poster

Hi thanks for all your help will try again when home and be in touch

Rm
Popular Poster

Hi I tried that at home and got the same response

Rm
Community Star

Hi @K900rab 

The TalkTalk team will be able to set up your MyAccount. They'll probably need some security information to comply with data protection and a TalkTalk Team member will respond here first and then request a reply to a Community Personal Message.