cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email accounts - I want to access an old account, delete 3 others and create a new one

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I just tried to delete one of my email accounts and it didn't work.  No reason given, other than just try again later.

I also want to access an old account but I can't remember the password.  Somewhere it told me I can change the password, good news.  But when you get to that page you have to put the password in in order to change it.  Or you can have a link sent to the email address that you can't get into because you don't know the password.  I'm not sure how this ridiculous situation has been allowed to come about, but how do I change the password without knowing the password?  Can I get a link sent to my main email address, for example?

And how do I delete the old email accounts if clicking the delete button won't work?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @matt777 

I'll explain what's happening. You have two issues at play.

1. There's an email address in your MyAccount related to a mailbox that has already been deleted or made inactive.  The MyAccount delete process cannot find the address on the active database so it does not complete.
  2. You haven't set up password recovery for the wanted mailbox that you cannot access. Reset details of an alternate email address and mobile number are needed so you can use the Forgotten your Password option.

I'll alert the TalkTalk team as they'll be needed to fix both issues for you.

In the meantime, please double check, and update as needed, your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk landline and contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address you want removed from MyAccount and the email address you need Reset details set up for and Save changes.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi matt777, I can get the email deleted and the password reset for you. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks very much for your help, both of you.  I've sent Ady the information by PM, so hopefully it can be sorted soon.

Thanks again.

Highlighted

I've replied to your reply. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi matt777, I've removed the 3 mailboxes as requested. You should now be able to add the one you want to. Please let me know how you get on.

Ady