Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email down?

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Team Player

Both IMAP and webmail seem to be down.

Had a few slowness issues yesterday afternoon (Friday 29 June) in terms of receiving mail but they seemed to resolve.

Overnight it seems to now be down, with it saying “imap.tiscali.co.uk” is not responding and on talktalk webmail, it likewise says its unable to connect to server and it may be temporarily down (this is after logging in). Tried on different browsers and on usual internet / mobile internet. 

Highlighted
Team Player

As an update, and another one of my accounts is working. This one is just showing as empty and giving the error message. Hopefully it’s a temporary fault. 

Highlighted
Team Player

I'm having the same issue ("Unable to connect to server"), and I've been chatting to the laughably named customer service about it.  They say that they can't see an issue, but have escalated it, and i can expect a call back in 72 hours! 

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @gjc26 

Just acknowledging that there is an internal server error for TalkTalk Mail and some mailboxes are currently inaccessible either by webmail or email client.  Two of my mailboxes are fully functional. The one that isn't was inaccessibile from some time after 00.35.

Email client error messages will say that the server has disconnected. The webmail messages are as here:

Error - Unable to connect to email server - Latest MessagesError - Unable to connect to email serverError - Unable to connect to email server

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi all

The incident with the internal email server is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Our email is also down and has same message as others mention. Do I need to report it? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi all

The mail service is back for my mailbox so hopefully yours. Sign out of webmail and sign back in and hopefully it'll load up ok.

Team Player

IMAP seems to be working (only 1 email since yesterday so I think a backlog), but webmail still down.

Highlighted
Team Player

Had some more messages now, webmail now seems to be back on.