cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email error message invalid username/password?

6 REPLIES 6
Marven77
First Timer

When I try to login to my account obscured for customer securitytiscali.co.uk I receive the following error message:-

Sending of password for user obscured for customer securitytiscali.co.uk did not succeed. Mail server pop.tiscali.co.uk responded: invalid user or password.

Followed by:-

Login to server pop.tiscali.co.uk failed.

I tried to send a message from my tiscali address and received this message:-

The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. The message was not sent; try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again.

I have had this tiscali address since 2002 and this is the only contact I have with Talk-Talk. Do I need a change of password or what?

obscured for customer security

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Marven77

The initial error messages simply indicate that the password has been changed. So you need a new password.  The email system may detect a weak password* or compromised email account and change the password or lock the account for the security of customers.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the email address? You could use the Reset your Password option.

If not, just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with account or password recovery.

* The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) comes into force on 25 May 2018. The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). Password strength is crucially important in order to help secure and protect personal data.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Marven77, once you've added the information please post back to let us know it's there and I'll get the password reset for you. 

Marven77
First Timer

I have posted the information you require and I await your response.

Marven77

Community Team

Thanks. I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call with your new password this afternoon. Please let us know how you get on. 

Marven77
First Timer

I'm pleased to say that a helpful lady has given me a new password that works. Thank you

Community Team

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted