Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email fails to be delivered - timed out

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Participant

My Pipex emails to @yahoo.au have not been delivered for a week or two. I've mentioned this on others posts, and see comments that the problem with other email addresses is being or has been fixed, but it hasn't.

What's going on? When will it be fixed?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Wartling, apparently the fix that's been put in place will affect some accounts immediately others could take a couple more days for the fix to take effect. I've got no idea what the fix is so can't advise why it's affecting some accounts now and others later.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

My emails to yahoo.com.au are still not being delivered, timed out. Did your fix not work? 

Highlighted
Participant

Still no change, @yahoo.com.au emails still not being delivered. Does anyone at Talk Talk actually know what's going on?

Highlighted

I've sent a further chase to request a more accurate update for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Yesterday of the 2 emails I sent to yahoo.com.au one was Ok, the other went to junk. Also an email to Hotmail was timed out and not delivered.

This uncertainty effectively means Pipex is unusable for emails.

Whatever was done to cause this problem needs to be undone or otherwise resolved immediately - no more weasly words like "hope" and "soon"

Highlighted

Hi Wartling, this is down to Yahoo. Since we repaired the issues causing the reputation problems for the pipex servers Yahoo have been asked repeatedly to lift the rate limiting they have in place. Until they lift the rate limiting there's not much we can do other than keep contacting them.

Highlighted
Participant

I give in - TalkTalk have "won" and I will no longer be using Pipex to send emails.

Yesterday emails to sky.com and yahoo.com (and to Hotmail a couple of days ago) were timed out, and I suspect some also simply disappeared.

This means Pipex is unusable, and I will now be using another email account.

TalkTalk are obviously unwilling or unable to sort out the problems - what a shambles they are, having taken many weeks to get nowhere. 

Because of this I will also be seeking an alternative ISP.

Highlighted

Hi Wartling, I'm sorry that you feel it necessary to leave us in order to get working email.