Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email password changed now outlook and mobile emails not working

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
StephanieWoodward
Chatterbox

This morning after receiving an extremely unpleasant phishing email I went online. The suggestion was to change passwords. I changed talktalk my account and did the same on outlook and my mobile. Now my only access to emails is webmail.

I spent a while on live chat which took me through checks that were superfluous and then gave in. Please help.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @StephanieWoodward 

What's your email domain? - the bit after the @ in the email address.  Onetel or Pipex or?

To successfully change a mail password in your MyAccount you need to see a banner message saying Your password has been updated.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Your password has been updated.png

Mailbox password was updated

If no green banner message then you've changed the mail password only on Outlook and your mobile.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

StephanieWoodward
Chatterbox

I tried that several times. Unfortunately after doing it I also changed my passwords on outlook and my mobile. That was when they stopped working. My domain is talktalk.net.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @StephanieWoodward 

The TalkTalk.net password change via your MyAccount should have been good so long as you got the green banner message saying Your password has been updated.

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok when entering the new password manually.

StephanieWoodward
Chatterbox

Talktalk webmail is fine. but outlook and my mobile which were working before i changed the password on talktalk as below are not working

StephanieWoodward
Chatterbox

Just changed it again - so I will try outlook again

StephanieWoodward
Chatterbox

Outlook still says something went wrong but it worked on the mobile

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi StephanieWoodward 

Looking promising. So, the new password change has taken and you can sign in via TalkTalk Mail webmail and now via the mobile.

Outlook just playing hard to get. Outlook does sometimes need to have a mail account removed from its settings and then reinstated afresh. Just as a reminder this is just a removal in Outlook and the email settings recommended are Email settings - IMAP or POP3 

If you need help with the setup just say. I may ask for screenshots of the incoming / outgoing / advanced tabs in Outlook.

StephanieWoodward
Chatterbox

Only took about 24 hours but many thanks both are working now.

Gondola
Community Star

Nice one Stephanie

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.