would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email password reset issue

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi ,

i am having problems resetting my password to my email account again the alternative reset email is not receiving the email to reset.

My email account I need to reset password to is obscured for customer security@ Lineone.net

mr reset email address is a @gkn.com one

why does this not work

M.J.Hatton
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Mark

If you previously set up Password Recovery for the email address you should be able to use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed there.

If the gkn email isn't working at present have you got a mobile also set up for receiving a text message to get a recovery code?

If recovery isn't working for you and neither is changing the password possible in your MyAccount then it's the rather more time delaying route of verifying your ownership of the email and raising a ticket for a new password to be set.

Just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with account or password recovery.  The Easter holiday will delay the support response until Wednesday so just a heads-up on the wait if you cannot for any reason use the self-service password recovery option.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Popular Poster

Thanks , I would like to set up my mobile number as a password recovery system I.e reset by text message please.

Thanks

M.J.Hatton
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

The team aren't currently able to setup the reset tool for you. I don't think it will be long though before you're given the option to set it yourself.  You should have a call soon with the new password. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.