Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email password

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, i cannot get in to my mail account. I have had an email account with you for nearly 10 years although I cannot access my account. I have tried to reset although it is saying my password could not be sorted at this time. Im worried I have been hacked? I dont have another account only email account. What should I do.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Chelsea Marie 

Have you regularly used the email account?  I'm concerned that it might not exist.

Enter your email address at mailtester.com to see if that reports the email address as valid.

Let us know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

It is saying it is valid.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Chelsea Marie 

That's promising.

If you do not know the existing password then use the Forgotten your Password option. If there's Reset details set up - an alternate email address or mobile number that can be selected - that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If there's just the choice of sending a reset to the mailbox itself that's just for routine password changes but not good when you cannot sign in to the mailbox using a current password.

If there are no alternative Reset details set up as recovery options or they're not recognised then let me know and I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer