cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email pointing

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John, please add the affected email and the address you want it forwarding to in private notes in your profile along with your TTB account number. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok Ady. I'll do this. I don't think I have a Talktalk account number now as Daisy take care of the mobile service.

John

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I've put both the Pipex related email addresses in my profile. I put one of them in the personal information section (I think)  as I wasn't sure where else to put it. I've used the default Pipex one as the main email address as the other one doesn't divert at present.

John

Highlighted

Thanks John, I'll pass the information over for you. I'd expect the team to give you a call shortly.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I've had an email from Talktalk Business saying that they know the email forwarding to Pipex emails won't be working and won't work ever again for any legacy Pipex customers and apologised for not letting me know. It's because they're about to move the legacy email system onto a new platform. I don't know if this means that the naked email box address will be altered. I'll ask them. They've advised me to go to a new supplier which doesn't sound like a good advert for Talktalk. I would have thought even if I end up with a Talktalk type email address then my business email address could simply be pointed to that one instead. At least I now know what's happening but am also confused.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Ady,

I sent my last post just before yours came in. Thanks all  the same.

John

Highlighted

Hi John, you can keep your email addresses on the new platform if you want to. We're charging £50 per year or £5 per month, it'll be a residential account. 

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks Ady. I've considered what you're saying but I've decided I need to sort this problem right now it's as causing too many problems for my business, so am moving to a new provider. TTB need to release the domain name management and forwarding arrangement so I hope and pray this doesn't take them long.

It seems historic emails will remain on the Pipex mailbox even on the new platform which will be quite useful for reference purposes.

Thanks for all your help.

John

Highlighted

Hi John, Pipex mailboxes will move onto the OX platform as all mailboxes owned and managed by TalkTalk have or will. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

This is pasted from one of the emails from TTB:

"Due to the low volume of domain customers on the Pipex platform a decision has been made that domain hosting with pipex will no be supported. Which means that the only option available would be to move your domain and email hosting to a new provider."

The next email included a link to a help page which produced an error 404 because part of the address was missing.

John 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi John

Confirms what I thought was the case as I mentioned in post 8 in this thread that TTB were no longer operating domain management services including email hosting / mail forwarding.

Replacement domain management services including email hosting / mail forwarding will be required to host your personal domain email.  BT host the webspace so could host the email?

The pipex mailbox will be migrated to the new TalkTalk Mail platform in due course and all content and folder structure will be replicated there to receive forwarded emails from the personal domain email hosting provider.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes you were right Gondola. As BT already host the web version of my domain name and provide the webspace I set up an email box/address with them a few days ago. I've asked TTB to change the IPS tag (I think it's called) to the name prescribed by BT. I may as well keep the TT/Pipex mailboxes even after migration to the new platform as customers have started sending me emails directly to the existing mailbox directly to get around the forwarding issue. I'm happy to pay to hang on to these.

A bit of history for you:- TTB used to host my webspace until a few years ago. There was however a forwarding issue because my web domain name started just bringing up the TT website main page instead of my website! That was apparently unresolvable and I was advised to go elsewhere. Several other customers had exactly the same problem and also left TT for web services. The present email issue is a bit deja vu.

John

Highlighted

Thanks for keeping us updated John.

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello Ady/Gondola,

Having asked TTB to allow BT to do my email domain handling I've still had no response from them. I was given a case no. 05558500 but have heard nothing since. Could you please chase them up for me Ady. It seems even my quest to get away from TTB they're still causing me problems! BT already host my web domain of the same name so it's only the email forwarding that needs changing. I decided to hang onto the Pipes mailboxes even after migration to the new platform but no email forwarding will be involved.

Thank you.

John R

Highlighted

I've sent a chaser for you John. I'll let you know if I hear anything before you do.

Ady

Highlighted

John, it's been passed to be picked up asap. I'll keep you posted although you'll know what's happening next before me. 

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks very much Ady. TTB got in touch soon after your last post. My business email address will soon be working again. I've only just noticed it says regarding their response time in the automatic emails "48 working hours". I don't know if it's me but I'm convinced it used to say "48 hours". Stating "48 working hours" doesn't mean much because most people don't know how many hours BT Business staff work per day! In most firms that is over a week which is rather slow. 

Thanks again for all your and Gondola's help with the pointing issue.

John 

Highlighted

You're very welcome John. I'm pleased we've been able to get you to the help you needed. 

Ady