Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email still not working correctly

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Team Player

My email accounts are not working. When I log into TalkTalk webmail, I see emails dated only prior to 03/05/19 and its the 'old version' of webmail. When I logged in yesterday, I could at least see emails up to 13/06/19 and it was the new version of Webmail.

When somebody attempts to email me, they receive 'Undeliverable email TT512' message.

Windows Live Mail is not able to fetch any new messages either.

I have tried two 'Chats' this morning and was cut-off on both occasions prior to resolution.

Very frustrated! Please help.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @exningview 

The symptoms point to the email address being dropped from the TalkTalk Mail address lookup database.  It just needs adding and pointing to your mailbox.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you and they'll raise a fault ticket.

In the meantime, please check / update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and then Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @Gondola . I have updated my profile and added the two email addresses affected. Hope they don't take too long as obviously myself and my wife will not receive any emails sent while the issue persists.

Highlighted
Team Player

@Gondolawill I receive a fault reference or an update as to how long its likely to take to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi exningview 

The way it works via Community is that an OCE (Online Community Executive) from the UK TalkTalk Community team that provide us with expert support (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm) will respond to you right here from Monday onwards and update you on progress.  The OCE will issue and manage the fault ticket, or incident, on your behalf until the issue is solved.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi exningview, if you try another browser are you able to see the new webmail interface? We are looking into this for you I'm just exploring the possibilty of a corrupt cache since the incident.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

I have tried Edge, Chrome and Opera and all display the old interface with no emails after 02/05/19. In addition, Windows Live Mail is not fetching any new emails. Everything was working fine prior to 14/06/19.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Ok thanks for confirming for me. The old interface can only show the mail it received and once you migrated that would have stopped. I've got your details and have passed them onto the team who are investigating this. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi exningview 

Is your email mailbox now receiving emails once more?

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @Gondola yes all seems to be back to normal now. Just the small issue of emails that will have been bounced back to senders while our email addresses were deleted. Anyway, thanks for your help and lets hope that TalkTalk don't doing anything similar again.

Highlighted

Hi exningview, thanks for letting us know it's working again. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

Our email is not working again! Same symptoms as previously reported. Could somebody please resolve and prevent from happening again? This really is not a good or reliable service!

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @exningview 

Exactly as before - getting signed in to the former webmail platform instead of where your mailbox is now on TalkTalk Mail?

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @Gondola 

Yes exactly the same as before.

Highlighted
Community Star

...Not good. I've alerted Ady. Hopefully you'll have an initial response on Monday.

There must be some underlying root cause for the email address look up not working.

Highlighted
Team Player
@Gondola email is now working again. No emails after approx. 7am this morning until about an hour ago so somebody has done something! Thanks but can this not happen again please?
Highlighted
Community Star

...I'm totally confident that Ady will try and find out what happened. And knowing that will be the start to the end of the issue.

Highlighted

Hi exingview, I've not been able to find anything in terms of why your service wasn't working on Saturday. I'll see if more information comes available later when I get chance to have a chat with the email admins. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @OCE_Ady  and @Gondola for investigating this. It is concerning and I would appreciate it if it could be escalated and a reason found so it may be prevented from happening again.

Highlighted

Hi exingview, I need to manage your expectations here. It's unlikely if this did not affect a wide number of users that an investigation will be carried out, purely as this would be horrendously time consuming if it were done for all 2 million plus email users. However, if it's affected enough users I'll be able to try and get more information for you.