Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email - tinyworld.co.uk - no service

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I am tearing my hair out - I have a tinyworld.co.uk  email account, using Outlook.  I have had authentication issues last October, January 2019 and from 27th May 2019.  A total of 7 weeks without email.  I have spent 2 hours trying to resolve the issue with TalkTalk to no avail - someone will call me in 5 days time! I understand that the server was migrated recently - at my end nothing has changed but for some reason best known to TalkTalk my email address and password return invalid????????????

Caroline Murray
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Enilorac 

If your tinyworld email account has been upgraded to the new TalkTalk Mail platform then you'll have received email advisories from TalkTalk including one saying Upgrade complete.

And you'll be able to use your Internet browser to sign in here: TalkTalk Mail sign in.  Let us know what the error message is if you cannot sign in.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Enilorac, have you reset your password? Your email has been migrated so there's nothing quick I can do to help, but if you're getting that error message I'd reset the password. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have not received any emails from TalkTalk about the new email platform!!

I use Outlook for my tinyworld,co,uk email address. For years no problem until TalkTalk upgraded / migrated to new servers.

For webmail on TalkTalk I had to set up a tiscali.co.uk address as it did not / would  not accept my tinyworld address.  I did manage to set up the tinyworld address as an alternative on my TalkTalk address BUT this has disappeared from my TalkTalk settings?

Caroline Murray
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Enilorac 

To avoid confusion I'm now going to be asking you only about TalkTalk webmail and specifically the new TalkTalk Mail.

You say you have a TalkTalk email account.  Is that working via the new TalkTalk Mail sign in?  i.e. you can sign in and both send and receive TalkTalk emails. What happens when you send to the tinyworld email?  Any error message?

You say you previously added the tinyworld email account to your TalkTalk address (on the previous webmail).  But the tinyworld email address is no longer shown in the folder view as part of the new TalkTalk Mail. Have I got that correct?

When was the last time you sent or received tinyworld emails?

Just so there can be a TalkTalk follow up, please check that your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the talktalk, tiscali and the tinyworld email addresses to Private notes and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and have a note of the email addresses.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

All done.  I can now access my tinyworld email - I changed the port settings in Outlook. Thanks for your help.

Caroline Murray
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Caroline

Thanks for confirming fixed with a change of port settings in Outlook.

Highlighted

Great support from Gondola as always. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

The saga continues - although emails seem to be coming through on Outlook sporadically, nothing since 8am this morning.  When I logged via my webmail account - nothing, no emails empty!!

I reported this issue to TalkTalk on 7th June, had expected a call back from the Manchester office within 72 hours - nothing. Called TalkTalk today and got disconnected!

Service is shocking!!

I now want to set up outlook exchange account - is it possible to migrate my tinyworld.co.uk account?

Caroline Murray
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just tried to send an email from my tiscali.co.uk account in webmail to my Tinyworld.co.uk account - got the following message:

Message could not be sent. Error message from e-mail transport server: 453 - 453 4.1.1 fQhnhQYWJWIpc Recipient Invalid (TT503)

Caroline Murray
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Enilorac 

The incident over the weekend and today affecting tiscali and related legacy domain emails including tinyworld emails is summarised on Service Status (Email) and is being investigated.

The send error you're getting is because the email address cannot be found in the lookup database. That's part of the incident.

As for setting up an exchange email account you'll need to contact whoever it is that's hosting the exchange server. For example, is it your employer or another organisation? You ask them to set up the exchange server to send and receive email from external email accounts.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for letting me know.  Does this explain where my emails have gone??

Caroline Murray
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Enilorac 

The tiscali (tinyworld) server busy message is gone and the servers are responding as expected so I'd expect the sign in to be restored and received cached emails to be sent out to you. I'd say by morning, if full server capacity stays back online then everything should be working normally.  

Let us know.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

my TalkTalk webmail account for tinyworld.co.uk is still empty!!

Received a call from their Manilia office who tell me my tinyworld.co.uk is no longer on their database - what on earth is going on.

From reporting this problem 7th June and receiving a call today nothing has changed other than more promises to escalate this issue to the Mancester office - should receive a call next Friday 5th July.

This is an absolute joke!!!!!

Caroline Murray
Highlighted

Hi Enilorac, before I raise a fault ticket do you use POP settings on any devices? If you do the Email admins will just advise that you've collected the mail. If you don't then I'll get the ticket raised for you and ignore what you've been told by Manilla, I checked earlier in this thread and your mailbox was there.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Until last October I used Microsoft Outlook for my tinyworld emails as TalkTalk would NOT accept / let me add tinyworld.co.uk account as an alternative email address.

Since that time both in January and end of May this year I have had issues - for weeks on end.  Mail stopped being delivered to  Microsoft Outlook on my PC (POP)  log in errors.

To get around this issue once I was made aware of the migration of TalkTalk mail servers I set up my tinyworld.co.uk on 'outlook live' (IMAP).

Emails have now started to come through on Microsoft Outlook (POP).  About a month ago I had a call from the Manchester Service centre and we set up the tinyworld.co.uk account on TalkTalk webmail, seemed fine but two weeks later all emails gone!

I want to continue to use Microsoft Outlook on my PC for my emails.

Caroline Murray
Highlighted

There's no problem with using Outlook, the real problem is using POP. Pop pulls all the mail from the inbox when it connects. This means that once it collects the mail it's no longer available for other devices.

Highlighted

One of your devices using POP will be collecting the mail. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks.  Question if I switch my Microsoft Outlook to IMAP will I retain the existing emails?

Caroline Murray
Highlighted

You're welcome. Here's a handy help article from Mozilla to help you with the changes. I would strongly advise that you delete nothing until you're sure you've got everything.