Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails From Pipex to Hotmail Received As Spam

23 REPLIES 23
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Decided time to start a fresh thread on an old topic. Pipex users are all too familiar with the problems since late May sending to various common email domains. Although my faith in  Pipex remains low I have found that emails to AOL, Gmail & Yahoo now seem to be received OK (hard to prove or disprove). However, Hotmail remains an exception. After 3 months there has been no improvement at all and messages still go straight to the recipients Spam folder. Do you have any updates for us on this @OCE_Ady ?

Community Team

Hi stevesurrey, I'm still chasing for updates on this, but I've had nothing for quite a while now. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Hi stevesurrey, I'm still chasing for updates on this, but I've had nothing for quite a while now. 

I suspected that was the case in view of the silence on this matter. Are the tech teams still actively working on this problem or given up all hope ?

Community Team

My understanding and firm belief is that it's being worked. It's not likely that they would or could ignore it.  It may not always feel like it, but we value our customers new and old. Fate, old systems and processes, demand for manpower etc can combine at times to make our lives harder.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

My testing today shows that messages still being treated as Spam by Hotmail.

Community Team

Hi stevesurrey,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve, when we have any more information about this we'll let you know 

Chris

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Chris and @stevesurrey .  I, too, have been experiencing this for some time.  However, bizarrely, I sent a reply to a Hotmail addressee, and it got into their Inbox without any issues!  Of course, users have been reporting different experiences throughout this whole episode, so I may just have been lucky.

Regards

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@Muddymedic perhaps you were lucky or I am still unlucky. Alternatively, is it possible your addressee is using some sort of 'rule' to automatically move your messages from Spam to Inbox ?

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @stevesurrey That's possible, but I think unlikely, since I only send a very few emails to that particular address, and not on a regular basis....but I'll ask!

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

My email testing this morning shows messages to Hotmail still being treated as Spam. Thats nearly 4 months now and this problem still unresolved.

Also today my test message to Yahoo went straight to Spam. First time its done that in a while and I hope its not a bad sign of things getting worse again.

Community Team

The incident for this is still open. I've been on leave for a week so I've not chased it since starting back this morning. I've had no response from before my break though.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

My email testing this afternoon shows messages to Hotmail still being treated as Spam. Thats 4 months now and this problem is still unresolved.

Community Team

Yeah and I still can't get any update on this. Fingers crossed you've not got too long to wait before you're moved onto the new platform.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Fingers crossed you've not got too long to wait before you're moved onto the new platform.

What exactly do you mean by that ?

Community Team

It means the lack of information I'm getting makes me think this isn't going away. As the new platform doesn't suffer the same issues I feel that it's going to be how it gets fixed for you.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Forgive my bluntness, but you and your colleagues have been saying that for over a year now and yet TalkTalk (I dont blame you @OCE_Ady ) haven't delivered on these promises. My fingers have been crossed so long now they've fused together!

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Messages from Pipex to a Hotmail address are still being received as Spam. Have TT given up trying to fix this and just waiting for migration to new email platform ? If so, any update on a date for this long awaited migration ?

Community Team

No there's still an open incident for this. I've been away on leave, but I saw the incident update today and it's ongoing. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

So this fault has still not been fixed for 5 months.

I suppose theres no word on the proposed migration to the new email platform either ?

Community Team

Nothing that I can post no. When it's happening you'll receive emails to advise you of what's happening.