cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing

CrazyOtto
Participant

Ady, could someone please fix this problem?  It has been going on for months now.  I very much suspect that it is a case of deliberate neglect by TT, in the hope that Pipex users will just abandon their Pipex addresses and move to TT.

Community Team

Hi CrazyOtto, the fix was put in place last Wednesday and I'm told we've now requested that all the ISPs who are blocking us lift the limitations. Traffic is seen going to all, but Yahoo are still limiting the amount of traffic.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

What can be done about the generic/company addresses with are failing, is that even something which you can fix?

CrazyOtto
Participant

Thanks Ady.

Community Team

You're welcome. 

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Can anything be done about the reported failures to generic/company addresses?

Community Team

Hi pbar100,

Sorry, could you explain what you mean

Thanks

Chris

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Yesterday and today emails to my test Yahoo address have been delivered but they have taken around 5 hours to show up. They do not appear to be marked as Spam by Yahoo so what is the reason for this delay ?

ferguson
Community Star

It could be Yahoo/BT, they seem to have been having issues in the last few days.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Todays email test to Yahoo worked perfectly. Delivered on time and not marked as Spam. Thats the first time its worked correctly in 2 months. Wonders will never cease, but I'm not holding my breath it will last.

CrazyOtto
Participant
I've done three tests today from Pipex to my Yahoo account. All arrived straight away, but two out of three went into bulk mail.
Community Team

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Glad to hear there's been some improvement

Chris

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

The improvement was short-lived, just as I feared. Todays test email took a few hours to arrive.

CrazyOtto
Participant
Yes, I sent a test email an hour ago and it hasn't arrived yet.
CrazyOtto
Participant
The fiasco continues. I sent a test message to my Yahoo address at 1321 on Monday 22, and at 0246 this morning, Tuesday 23, I received: This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 13.9 hour(s):

*[address redacted]

Reason: The following message to [address redacted] was undeliverable.The reason for the problem: Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

For goodness's sake, TalkTalk, DO SOMETHING! This has been going on for well over a month
GregTingey
Chat Champion

Almost TWO months, actually - either the last week of May or the first week of June was when this surfaced, IIRC

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

The thread I started which is the same issue has this one, Pipex Mails Not Sending, was started at the end of May, this issue has been ongoing since then.

I am still not confident in using Pipex/TalkTalk to send mail (so I'm not using it).

Luckily, and I would advise anyone to do the same, I have my own domain name which I have had for some time so I can get away with it when TalkTalk has it's troubles, which have been frequent in the past.

My address stays the same no matter who my ISP is. So I have a constant address for receiving mail, and am using my age old Hotmail account to send them at the moment.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I first got a delivery failure message on a Yahoo address on 21 May! so just over 2 months now that we have suffered this fault.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

My test message to Yahoo today finally arrived but almost 5 hours late.

Community Team

I've started chasing for updates. I'll let you know when I hear back.