cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing

CrazyOtto
Participant
The test message I sent at 0536 on Tuesday 23 has still not arrived, over 24 hours later. This is the worst the situation has been in over two months. TT plainly don't have a clue what the problem is, and/or don't care.
Community Team

Hi CrazyOtto, the last time I got a reply on this issue Yahoo were still rate limiting our mail. Our mail admins have contacted them to ask them to remove the limits. 

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Does "rate limiting£ mean that mail gets delayed in delivery (which is what I generally see) or some messages are blocked completely ?

Community Team

I'm told some mails are getting through others are bouncing. 

CrazyOtto
Participant
The test email I sent at 0536 on Tuesday 23, roughly thirty hours ago, has neither arrived, nor gone into bulk mail, nor produced a bounce-back message.
Community Team

Thanks CrazyOtto, that sounds about right. 

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

The test email I sent to Yahoo yesterday took 11 hours to arrive. Seems to be getting worse again or is it just random bad luck.

Community Team

I hope it's random bad luck, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better does it?

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Seems to vary on a daily basis, but certainly not working as it should be yet.

Community Team

I'll keep chasing for you in the hope that we get this sorted soon. 

CrazyOtto
Participant
Well, my daily test email sent yesterday, Friday 26, as 1249 bounced back at 0213 today, Saturday. Ady, you keep saying that you'll chase this, but it seems pretty clear that nothing at all has been done in the past two months. It seems TT are deliberately abandoning Pipex users.
Western_Miller
Chatterbox

As another data point i sent two different emails to the same yahoo.co.uk address yesterday afternoon. One was delivered the other bounced back after the usual 13.9 hours retry limit was reached.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

My emails to Yahoo do now seem to get through but with variable delays and I certainly have no faith in them arriving. I suspect they still applying some sort of rate limiting to messages from Pipex hence the variable outcomes we are still seeing.

Community Team

I'll chase for updates again this morning to see what I can find out. 

CrazyOtto
Participant
Two test messages from Pipex to Yahoo worked perfectly at 0620 and 0632 this morning. Both arrived within seconds in the Yahoo inbox.
Community Team

Hi CrazyOtto,

Thanks for letting us know, the issue is still being investigated at the moment.

Thanks

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Same problem here. I actually have a Yahoo account which I sometimes use. I have tried sending emails to it via my MS Outlook mail client and also via TalkTalk webmail. They either never get delivered or in one instance it arrived in the Spam folder of my Yahoo Mail. Needless to say I have a pipex email address.

The problem was first noticed at the end of June.

Is it due to the moving of legacy email accounts to a new platform and/or the creation of the new TalkTalk Mail Plus? The dates the trouble started seem to coincide with it.

Is anyone having trouble with any other domain s eg Hotmail, btinternet Gmail etc? A few years ago btinternet addresses were bouncing pipex emails (including mine!) but that was supposed to be sorted out.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

@GEG63  As far as I know Pipex email addresses have not yet moved to the new email platform. You would have got a series of emails specific to your Pipex address from TalkTalk if this had happened. In fact, the OCE's on this forum claim that a move to the new platform would resolve this sending problem.

There are a few other threads on this forum reporting the same issue. The most extensive of these is Pipex Emails Not Sending Other domains were also affected including AOL, Gmail and Hotmail, but some others too. A 'fix' was applied over 3 weeks ago by TalkTalk but doesnt seem to have fully resolved the problem. Hotmail is the main problem I still have with all emails sent from Pipex ending up as spam. Yahoo is rather hit and miss as to when the arrive.

Community Team

Hi GEG63, we're still trying to get Yahoo to lift the rate limiting that they've got in place. We're in regular contact with them to try and get them to lift the rate limiting, but as you're seeing it's still in effect. 

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Hi stevesurrey

two of my Yahoo emails that I had given up on appeared 6 hours later in my Yahoo inbox. I am suspicious that ones I sent to a Hotmail/Outlook.com address I use quite a lot  haven't arrived at their correct destination as well as I would have expected a reply by now. I didn't get a bounce but they may have ended up in spam.