Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Hi Ady

have Hotmail/Outlook.com and btinternet addresses been affected as well. I can test the yahoo address because I have a yahoo account but I have to rely on people replying to these two addresses to know whether they work and there has been a deafening silence so far!

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

I can confirm that yes, Hotmail/Outlook addresses have been seriously affected. And are still troublesome.

Goodness knows when this fault will be fixed properly, it has been ongoing for a couple of months now.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

@GEG63 When the problem first arose emails to Yahoo weren't being delivered and you would receive a non-delivery report after about 14hours. Now it seems they are being delivered but only after a delay which varies in length. Hotmail messages have just been going straight to Spam and continue to do so. Others have reported similar issues with Outlook though I have no direct experience of that.

pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

For me, Hotmail messages were either just disappearing, or having a bounce back after a dozen or so hours.

GEG63
Wizz Kid

For the record I have just found out from one of my Contacts (via another email account) that a btinternet email I sent on the 20th July never arrived at its destination. I had no "bounce" to say it had failed.

So we can add btinternet to list of domains where Talk Talk legacy email addresses have problems sending emails to.

What next?

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

@GEG63  I think we already knew about the problem with btinternet too. I believe its mentioned in the more extensive thread on this problem I referenced for you in an earlier post.

CrazyOtto
Participant
This is utterly ridiculous. It's been going on for months. I've just sent yet another test message from Pipex to my Yahoo account, and yet again it went into bulk mail. I'm certain that the Pipex domain is simply deliberately being allowed to die by neglect.
GEG63
Wizz Kid

Thanks stevesurrey. I see the problem. On another thread Gondola says that Oath now manages the emails for Yahoo, Btinternet, AOL and Sky and some others. Verizon(a big USA based multinational telecommunications company) owns Oath .

As a result any restriction Oath makes will ultimately have an effect on all those domains.

I presume Hotmail/Outlook.com is still managed by Microsoft.

One thing I don't understand about rate limiting is I send about one email a week at most to these addresses. I can see an Oath might want to restrict someone mass mailing to their mail servers from a given email/IP address but why should everyone be affected? Are they rate limiting all the email TalkTalk servers?

Community Team

Rate limiting is based on individual senders it's based on the Pipex domain servers. So whether you send 1 or 100 you may or may not be affected never, sometimes or everytime but it's chance. 

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Hi Ady

Thanks for clarifying the matter

out of interest why are Oath rate limiting email from the pipex (and presumably other legacy) servers sending emails to them but not those sending emails from people with the standard talktalk.co.uk or talktalk.net email addresses?

Community Team

The pipex and talktalk systems are totally different. Until the pipex system users are migrated to the new platform they're basically on different platforms with different management etc.

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Yeah, so?
Same HOLDING Company, same ownership at the top, same financial irresponsibility to their paying customes.

Colour me unimpressed

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Hi Ady

so when migration does take place all the email problems should end?

Any date yet for migration?

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @GEG63 You are wasting your time asking this question, frankly, and I've mentioned that in previous posts on other topics.  I have also escalated this issue (including the migration piece), but have yet to even receive acknowledgement of receipt of my letter!  I will be following that up tomorrow.  The 'system' (and I use that term VERY loosely) has also failed to respond to 2 previous emails, despite this being in breach of TT's complaints code, so I've added a complaint against non-compliance with the code as part of my case....and am now complaining about a complaint!

I keep on saying this, I know, but common sense dictates that if Pipex legacy emails are causing so much of an issue (to us as users, at least) with little visible improvement over MANY weeks (now going into months), then it's in everyone's interest to put the old nag down, and migrate legacy people to the 'new' platform.  It's TT, so that won't be perfect either, but at least we would be treated (at long last) like everyone else. If nothing else, it would be good to know WHY this can't happen.  Why are we being discriminated against as old legacy customers, when we were not asked if we ever wanted to be 'Business' Pipex customers in the dim and distant? Despite platitudes to the contrary, we are seen as second-class customers.

If you get anything like a firm answer to your question then I'll eat my best hat...but I don't think I need to get the pan and seasoning out just yet!  It'd be worth it though, if I'm wrong.

Of course, others may wish to escalate all this using the complaints code as well, although my experience (thus far) is not overly encouraging.  

Community Team

Hi GEG63, I'm on the email project for the new platform and have been for years. What I can tell you is there are major issues moving all the legacy customers onto the new platform and as you can imagine we're being very careful to make sure that migrate you all as quickly and smoothly as possible whilst mitigating for the issues that this process creates. It's been planned for a long time, but the migration of the bulk of the mailboxes taught us lessons that mean we've had to address some issues we couldn't have foreseen at the beginning of the project. I know that the current situation is far from satisfactory, but the truth is it's better late than never. 

Fortunately, Muddymedic I can't yet give you a firm date. In fact when I can you'll have had emails warning you of the changes and an approximate date that your mailbox will migrate. 

GregTingey
Chat Champion

SURELY there is a remedy to be had "in law" - but how?
TT are in clear breach of just about every law & service agreement about providing goods & services to their customers - their goods are "Not of Merchantable Quality" & I'm sure they have breached all sorts of codes of practice.

What is needed is both external LOUD publicity & legal action.

The question is …. how does one go about this?

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Received this today in respect of a message I sent yesterday:-

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.   
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 13.9 hour(s):
name@yahoo.co.uk

Reason: The following message to name@yahoo.co.uk was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

Got the same response to a message sent to AOL too.

Hotmail message still go to Spam as well.

That means after 2.5 months of this problem I am back to square one.

I dont have the words to use in an open forum to describe how utterly ridiculous this all is.

Community Team

Thanks for posting to let us know GregTingey I've already alered the Email Admins to the posts from you and the other Pipex users. I'll post back as soon as I hear from them. 

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Hi Ady

is it possible for me to set up a Talk Talk email address (@talktalk.co.uk or something like that) but retain at least for a while my old dsl.pipex.com address? I have always wanted to change email address to a Talk Talk one  but I have so many logins and contacts using my old pipex address that I have never bit the bullet and changed.

If I did that would the email be on an unaffected server and the problem solved or would it make no difference as my account is still on the old server whatever email address I use?

Community Team

Do you have a current talktalk broadband service with access to MyAccount?