cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing

GregTingey
Chat Champion

I'm using TalkTalk as my main phone line supplier now, as well as Pipex for my emails, if that is what you mean ….

However, I got completely "shut out" of "My Account" by a log-in screw-up, which means "it" ( the system ) will not recognise my passwords & won't let me re-use the old ones & there appears to be no way of resetting it.

Some emails to Yahoo are getting through, some not, some emails to aol are getting through, some not - completely unpredictable, I'm afraid.

Community Team

Hi all, I've had feedback. We're still suffering due to compromised old and unused accounts or those with simple passwords. When the move to the new platform is complete this cannot happen but for now it's been the cause of most of the problems with pipex for 2 years. Many of the old pipex and other legacy accounts are unused and this leaves them susceptible to being compromised the accounts are then typically used for spamming. I'm told Yahoo and Sky amongst others are deferring our mail for periods until they can verify it. This means mail will be delayed but will get there eventually.

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Ady Thanks, as ever, for this update.  So this issue is now (and has been) inherent in the continued use of 'legacy' email domains such as Pipex for some time (at least two years), and (being inherent) this situation will remain until migration occurs (whenever that will be), irrespective of what TT does.  Is my understanding correct?

This may also explain why many of my emails sent to Gmail accounts are taking about 12 hours to be received.

Regards

Community Team

The most recent issues are related to changes that are necessitated by the migration to the new platform. We need to get you all on the new platform and get rid of those unused accounts and make everyone strengthen the weak passwords. It's not going to be too long, but I don't have the start date yet. 

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

Thank you for the update @OCE_Ady. I understand that you don't have a start date for the migration to the new platform but it would be helpful to have some indication of the timeframe. then I can decide whether to wait out this ongoing Pipex problem or switch to using other email addresses. So can you say whether it will be days, weeks, months or years? (It already feels like we've been waiting years)

Edit:

Looking back I note my screaming.net address was migrated over 6 months ago and my talktalk.net over 3 months ago.

Community Team

I can't give you a lead time I'm afraid. Some 20,000 TalkTalk email accounts were only moved over this week, so it's not that we've just stopped and left you hanging out there.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

So TalkTalk expect us to just carry on using an at best unreliable and at worst useless email service ? All because of something they've done to it and no fault of their paying customers ?

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Ady  Thank you.  Whilst it is indeed reassuring that a large number of other users are being migrated, when we are still 'marking time', those types of figures are equally frustrating for us 'who only stand and wait'.  Did those fortunate individuals have the sort of issues we as a cohort continue to experience?  If not, then the inference is that we are in the 'too difficult' tray as legacy customers.  Because we cannot see any progress with our case, then it still (I'm afraid) feels as though we have been 'left […] hanging out there.'  So where are we in the queue now?  Weeks or months?  If years, then stand by for incoming!  How is the prioritisation for migration arrived at?  It seems that the easy cases are being dealt with first.  If that is indeed the case, then I would suggest that you need to review your system of triage.

Today we are still suffering from emails not arriving at all at some domains, and often suffering great delays (and thank you for your explanation of why this is occurring), all of which has been going on for months.  In addition, as I reported earlier, (and again, as you kindly explained, this is linked to our other problems) access to Pipex webmail is intermittently problematic at the moment.  So while others are moving on, we're (on the evidence of today, at least) going the other way.

You yourself have recognised that our current woes will be sorted once we have been migrated, so we all agree on that score.  Please understand the massive frustration all this is having on a significant cohort of your customers, who didn't ask to join that cohort in the first place.  Some clarification (and visible action) is what we are asking for, which I don't think is unreasonable, given the way we have been mucked about in recent months over all this.

Regards

Community Team

I'm pretty sure I've posted the answer before, but to help and as you've asked for clarification. The priority was the largest group of mailboxes and also the largest number of active customers. It is true that legacy customers as I've said before are on the oldest platform. We needed to move "the easiest to move" first to know the process and platform migration worked successfully.

GEG63
Wizz Kid

HI Ady

yes I have a current TalkTalk account for broadband, phone and TalkTalk TV(just renewed my contract earlier this year).

I have had one for donkeys years and regularly access My Account.

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Ady I understand that the legacy accounts are on the oldest platforms yet my screaming.net account, which must pre-date my Pipex ones by a decade or more, was migrated back in January. Seems the Pipex ones are particularly problematic!

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I decided to do my weekly email testing at a different time of day so did them yesterday evening about 8pm. The results were:-

Gmail - delivery delayed almost 2 hours

Hotmail - delivered immediately to Spam

Yahoo - delivery delayed almost 6 hours

The results for both Gmail & Yahoo are worse than normal.

Community Team

The difference being that screaming.net wasn't on the legacy platform. It was on the main customer platform. 

GregTingey
Chat Champion

So
WHY are we not on the "Main Customer" platform, then?

Community Team

Hi GregTingey, you're not yet on the main platform because this is the first time we've invested the millions needed to bring all our domains together on one platform. 

GregTingey
Chat Champion

Can I second this - &/or ask for a "redirect" so that "DOT dsl DOT pipex DOT com" automatically goes to TalkTalk … ??

stevesurrey
Super Duper Contributor

I did another email test yesterday evening - a little earlier at 7pm.

Gmail - delivery delayed almost 4 hours

Hotmail - delivered immediately to Spam

Yahoo - delivery delayed almost 6 hours

The results for Gmail even worse than previous test and Yahoo & Hotmail unchanged. But definitely a worsening trend over the last few days.

Community Team

I'll send another chaser to find out how long this might take. 

GEG63
Wizz Kid

Hi Ady 

any news re the possibility of switching to a TalkTalk email address to solve the problem as in my earlier posting. I replied belatedly re your query as to whether I had a broadband account.

GEG63

Community Team

Hi GEG63, are you wanting to put a divert in place or you want to create a TalkTalk email address?