cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails appearing in my webmail page but not reaching my iMac. No response to my letter to TalkTalk.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Some time ago my iMac Mail told me that the TalkTalk server did not have a valid certificate. Emails were reaching my webmail but not the iMac itself.  I contacted your support but found that neither the linguistic skills of your operators nor their technical expertise were up to solving the problem.  I wrote by letter to you on the 9th August but have had no reply.  However two weeks after I sent the letter my emails started to arrive and the warning of unrecognisable server disappeared.  Unfortunately something similar seems to have started again. I now appear to be receiving some emails on my iMac but there are others which for no apparent reason only reach the webmail.  I am not going to go through the same pointless and unhelpful contact with your support service so unless I receive a reply to my letter and the problem is solved I shall change to another ISP.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Wenro

First, it's great to know up-front that webmail is working well.

Emails not, seemingly, reaching a client email app can be:

• Multiple devices are being used and at least one is set to POP3 settings that will download and delete emails from the server
  • Senders are on a local blocked senders / junk mail list
    Have a look at the filter(s) / Spam / Junk mail folders
  • There are other filters set up to divert specific emails

So, first question is are you using multiple devices with your email or is it just the iMac only?

Have you had a look at the other folders / filters?

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Using an iPhone set to IMAP. Receives some of the emails which did not get through to the iMac.

No instructions to delete or divert

filters set correctly and should not affect these emails,

Missing emails turned up shortly after I posted my comment but no explanation - or official answer to my letter - yet.

Highlighted
Community Star

...Ah, so webmail is working and missing emails have now turned up which is good news.

You didn't say what your email domain is. But let me guess... is it tiscali?

There was a minor hiatus with tiscali emails being received recently but that was fixed last weekend. Any delayed emails will certainly have been received by now.

If the email is all working normally can we call this topic closed?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Address is @talktalk not Tiscali.  Emails appear to be arriving but the question is whether it is sensible to continue to rely on a servide that

- has a support and telephone contact service which is so routinised it cannot deal with the unexpected

- has no email contact address but does not reply to letters

- offers an online chat contact which goes blank and does not work.

Are you responding only to my posts Gondola or have you actually received the letter I sent?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Wenro

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community Team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you with an investigation of the talktalk mailbox just to make sure there isn't an issue there.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the talktalk email address in the Private notes box and save changes.

Just to clarify, I'm a TalkTalk customer offering member to member support on Community which is the member to member support forum.  I'm responding only to what you say in your posts as I've no visibility of your account details.

Letters to TalkTalk aim to be responded to within 10 days.  To get a response, here's the detail of what's required in addition to the dates and detail of your enquiry and names of any TalkTalk agents that you've discussed the enquiry with.

If you'd like to write to TalkTalk, address a letter to:

TalkTalk (TTR)
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

Please confirm the following information:

• Your full name
    • Your TalkTalk landline or mobile number
    • Your signature

And one of the following:

• The 3rd & 6th characters of the password used when you speak to Customer Services, OR
    • The last 4 digits of the bank account number or payment card you use to pay for your service, OR
    • The TalkTalk account number, OR
    • The Personal security answer you gave when setting up the TalkTalk account

All formal replies will be sent to the primary billing address unless otherwise mentioned and please also mention the preferred way to discuss any query, such as your landline number, mobile number or contact address.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your responses and explanation of your role.  The fact that you exist and contribute in the way you do does indicate a certain gap in the "support" system offered by TalkTalk to customers. However thanks for your efforts.

I followed all the instructions and included all the information required when I wrote to Talk Talk.  I also included a request for a response by email.  I shall await the OCE response with interest.  Do the initials OCE mean it will be an official reply from the company itself?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Wenro, there were some thwarte certificate issues that led to the issues going back a few weeks. Those issues have been resolved now, if you want to be sure it's not that issue remove the mail account from your mail client and then add it back. That should clear the problem for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Wenro

OCE is Online Community Executive and the OCE's are part of TalkTalk's UK support team that provide Community with 8am-4pm weekday support for customer help with TalkTalk services so yes, it's official.  But not necessarily a direct reply to your letter that could be with another member of the UK support team.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Wenro, there was an issue with thwarte certificates that affected some  Mac users. The certificates were updated on 22nd August and the issue was cleared. I'm sorry you've not had a response to your written support request and find the telephone support below par. The community and its members are a superb information store and have been for 10 years . We've got some incredible members who give up their own time to help others like Gondola who has been assisting you. Their contributions are invaluable and gratefully received. Are your mails still arriving as they should? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.