would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails disappear

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello

I have issues with all of my mail disappearing from the TalkTalk mail portal, I was hoping it might be resolved in the new upgraded version but unfortunately not. Mail is delivered and I can view it, however when I log back in a short time later (half hour or so) the mail has gone and my InBox is empty, I have tried searching but all folders are empty as well.

This doesn't happen in third party applications eg GMail or Outlook so not a major problem but I would like the TalkTalk service to work properly, and know that my mail is secure.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @GaryV 

If the emails you initially see via the Webmail interface are ending up on one of your third party apps then one or more of the apps is set up as a POP3 email account and is downloading and deleting the emails from the server. That's the default action of a POP3 email account.

Is that what's happening?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks very much for the reply Gondola. I have deleted the account from Outlook but it does look like GMail is set up as POP3. I will try deleting that account as well and adding again as IMAP. 

Highlighted
Community Star

…don't forget to save any downloaded emails that are only on the specific device you're deleting the account from just to make sure you don't lose them.

Grateful if you'd let us know if that's fully solved the issue.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GaryV,

How are you getting on, has Gondola's advice resolved the issue?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes, gave it a few days to be sure. All mail seems to be saved now, didn't need to delete the GMail account, just change the settings.

Thanks to Gondola.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.