Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails disappering and not being found

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

Hi,
I have started to work from home but recently (especially today) my emails keep disappearing from my inbox and then nowhere to be found.
I will open the email once it comes through. Come out of it then it just disappears. Not even in the trash. It also happnens when I open them up on my iphone.
Very frustrating as I'm working from home now what with the current situation and I cant work or send quotes out etc if this keeps happening.
Can anyone help?

Community Star

Hi @Frank1908 

If you've connected a device running a mail app as a POP3 account then that app will if set up with standard settings download the mail message to the device and delete from the server Inbox.  So other devices connecting to the server will not see that message. 

If you wish all devices to see a mail message on the server until you choose to delete that message then all mail apps should be set up as IMAP accounts. Deleted mail messages will be sent to the Trash folder.

Email settings - IMAP or POP3 

Just as a security note. If your mailbox has been compromised and another party is connecting to the server and downloading mail messages to a POP3 mail client then you must change your mailbox password to lock out the hacker.

If you need further help to resolve this issue just say.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Thank you.

This is all well & good but i’m not a computer tech at all so how do I even do this? I can’t find any settings anywhere to change from Pop3 to IMAP 

Community Star

Hi Frank1908 

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device 

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone 

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad 

If you have a different device and you'd like advice on how to set up an IMAP email account just let me know the device, its operating system and if you wish to use a preferred email client or app what the name of that email client is.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer