cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails from friends delivered to my Onetel account are very delayed - why?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player

In the past few weeks a number of friends have been in contact to say that emails they are sending to my Onetel email account are being returned undelivered - I think they are being timed-out.

I have also noticed that a few emails have been delivered that were from late last year!

Does anyone know if the server is still being unclogged with these 'lost' emails?

And also why emails are being return undelivered by the Onetel server

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @247cookie 

Is it possible for one of your friends to forward the bounceback email header / raw source / email header view to you as a text file via another mailbox so we can see what's happening?

NB If you do post the bounceback message and or header content here then obscure the first part of their and your onetel email address before posting.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 247cookie, there's been a trial running with a new filtering system. Apparently it's no longer running and if I'm right your friends mail will start to arrive again normally. It would be good to know if their mails do come through, please let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

This is one of the emails from my Mum in France:

forwarded message:

Date: 28 January 2020 at 12:28:13 CET
To: XXXXXXXX@orange.fr
Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Nous sommes desoles de vous informer que votre message n a pas
pu etre remis a un ou plusieurs de ses destinataires.
Ceci est un message automatique genere par le serveur mwinf5d05.orange.fr.
Merci de ne pas y repondre.

This is the mail system at host mwinf5d05.orange.fr.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients.

The mail system

<XXXXXXX@onetel.com>: delivery to host onetel.com[62.24.202.84] timed out

Highlighted
Team Player

Will this new filtering system stop me sending group emails? I currently have a group that I send emails to once a month but have to restrict each one to a maximum of 50 recipients - Bcc'd. Will this be affected?

Highlighted

No, your group mail sending will remain the same. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

I've not been contacted since my first report of any more emails getting returned undelivered - so I hope that this issue has now been resolved.

If I get any more I'll post their replies here.

Thanks @OCE_Ady and @Gondola 

Highlighted

Thanks for posting back to let us know.

Ady