Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails not appearing on webmail

8 REPLIES 8
Pravin Patel
Chatterbox

I am not getting and emails on my iphone, iPad, iMac or Windows laptop. Most importantly, I am not getting any emails on my webmail. Talktalk so far have not been very helpful. Any ideas? Pravin

Pravin
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pravin Patel 

Currently incoming mail is not reliably getting through to the TalkTalk Mail platform. What messages that do get through are delayed. Nothing we can do except wait for the engineers to fix the fault.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Pravin Patel
Chatterbox

Thanks for your response. I spent 2 hours on chat line yesterday, why couldn't the representative just say that.

Pravin
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Pravin Patel 

Best answers are always to be found in Community because we have the best membership; other TalkTalk customers among them. Over 2,400 active members, apparently.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pravin Patel 

The TalkTalk MX servers are responding normally and off-platform mail is being received into talktalk.net mailboxes as normal from around 9am this morning.

Any mail that was accepted for delivery and buffered will be received.

Otherwise senders will have received "Unable to deliver message after multiple retries" fail to deliver messages so they'll know their sent mail didn't get through.

Let us know if you're still experiencing email issues.

Pravin Patel
Chatterbox

Just checked. We haven't received any mail since Thursday. I sent an email from another address. That didn't work either. When I first looked for mail, it asked for our password. This was accepted, although the request was unusual.

Thanks for your help

Pravin

Pravin
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pravin Patel 

You should start troubleshooting from the basics.

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser desktop version)> Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel> Auto forward - disable > Filter rules - disable.

Pravin Patel
Chatterbox

Thanks, Gondola. It has been an interesting hour or so. I wasn't getting any webmail. I went on my IMac, safari, to my email account and found that autoforward, auto filter rule were both disabled. I decided to go on Chrome, and there I found forward to: aliharkness@gmx.co.uk. I removed that and sent messages from another email address. That seems to work, although I haven't got any messages between last Thursday and just now. Did someone hack into my account? Any ideas to stop this happening again? Could I retrieve the lost messages?

Many thanks

Pravin Patel

Pravin
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Pravin Patel 

If your mail was being forwarded to an unauthorised address then yes someone has accessed your device / mail account.

So, please take the necessary security precautions.

I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

All mail forwarded and deleted from the server will be gone and not normally recoverable.