Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails on Tiscali Account

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I am experiencing continuing issues with incoming email on my Tiscali account

I can send emails which are received by other accounts but when people respond they no longer come through to my email account

I have been in touch with the call center who have told me then no longer deal with Tiscali emails and it isn't their responsibility?

Any help would be appreciated

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @buckbutch 

TalkTalk do support the tiscali UK mail domain and you're now in exactly the right place for that support.

To troubleshoot, please proceed as follows:

First, link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address, notes and references etc and then save changes.

Check Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox. Mail could be deleted from the Inbox after collection by an email client (POP3).

So, please check:

• Your Reset details are present and correct
  • Any Auto forward is disabled
  • Any Filter rules are disabled

Update your Reset details is accessed via the desktop browser main settings menu. And Auto forward and filter rules are via the Settings menu item and Mail (or Email) in the left side panel.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Filter rules - Disable

If you've Disabled any Auto forward and any Filter rules please let us know if you set those up.  If you didn't then it's likely that your mailbox is compromised and you need to change the password to lock out a hacker. Changing your email password 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have carried out the actions suggested and the emails are now coming through again

Many thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi buckbutch 

A little more feedback on what you found would be helpful.

For example, has an unauthorised Filter rule or Auto forward been set up because your mailbox has been compromised?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

@Gondola 

Hi, Not sure if this is relevant but I have just turned my laptop on and when going to my xxxxxxx@tiscali.co.uk mail inbox I found I couldn't access. I tried refreshing a few times but kept getting a message long the lines of "... the server is offline..." after a few minutes hitting the refresh button again got the inbox up and working.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi buckbutch,

Glad to hear it's working again with Gondola's assistance 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi td123

If you do experience any further problems please let us know 

Chris