cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails stopped working coming in on iPad and iPhone

1 REPLY 1
First Timer

I can still access my Tiscali emails through desktop browser. They have stopped working on both iPad and iPhone a week ago.This has happened quite a few times over last years and usually rights itself after a few days. When I have in the past been able to speak to someone at support they have asked me to delete the account and then add. I tried this on the iPad but I keep getting message “the password for IMAP .talktalk.net is incorrect “. I’ve changed talk talk password and it still doesn’t work. I went onto Apple support for 2.5 hours and they said they’d never seen anything like it, tried for ages to sort but couldn’t. Said I need to speak to you.

Community Star

Hi @Helen Hoggarth 

The sign in to TalkTalk Mail is working for you so the mailbox is working.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer?  If so, have you added the talktalk mailboxes to your MyAccount?  That's essential to make sure you can access mail messages on all your email apps.

Managing your email in My Account 

When you look at the My Mailboxes area of your MyAccount is there a yellow banner message at the bottom?  If so what does it say?

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer you may be restricted to webmail only access unless you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of your TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access.

Let us know more and we can take it from there.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer