Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Enter your User Name and Password - Pop-up window inOutlook 2013

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi - I have seen several posts bout this in the past but my wife & I are having the same problem currently. 

When we open Outlook 2013 on our machines, or do a send/receive we get the dreaded pop-up window asking to enter the user name and password. 

This happens very regularly but not every time. 

I have checked all the Email (IMAP) settings for the TalkTalk.net email addresses several times and have checked our passwords by logging into the Webmail and all seems to be correct … but still the window pops up. 

Any Ideas please?

Robert
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Robert

You may wish to remove the image as it contains an email address.  Editing a post is via the triple vertical dots top right of a post to bring up the options menu.

On the subject of being asked to enter a password if you do that and select the tick box to Save this password in your password list, then Outlook should retrieve the password for your mailbox from its password manager.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Whizz Kid
I have also tried using the EM Client application with my email address and password and get the response "Server says "(UNAVAILABLE) Account is temporarily unavailable" - so it looks like this is a TalkTalk problem somewhere along the line.
Robert
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

No ticking the box makes no difference the box just comes back again and again and again !!

Robert
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Robert

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail (here). Does that bring up any error message?

Whilst signed in, Compose a message and send it back to the same mailbox. Does that send and receive OK?

If that proves the mailbox is working normally we'll move on to looking at screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings and advanced settings - please image edit to obscure the local part of the email address before posting here.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Robert

How are you getting on? 

The recommended Email Settings are included in the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub.

If those are good then the next two steps are to troubleshoot with an alternate Email Client like Thunderbird and if that proves ok it's likely to be an indicator that Outlook data is corrupted so remove the email accounts from Outlook and set up afresh using the recommended IMAP account settings.

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi – Typically this morning I haven’t seen the pop-up window in Outlook (nor on my wife's system) so I have no idea if the problem has gone or if it will return…

As you will see below, I have already tried using a different client (EM Client) and got a similar message to the Outlook pop-up window using all the recommended settings for TalkTalk IMAP. 

However, I will keep trying and report back as soon as anything untoward happens.

Thanks for your interest.

Robert
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi WelshRRH, please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

No issues today so far …. I'll update if any further issues.

Robert
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Excellent thanks for posting back to let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.