cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error: Failed to load messages

15 REPLIES 15
Participant

Hi, I keep getting this msg for the last couple of days when I sign in. I am trying to transfer emails across to my Gmail account before I lose my TalkTalk account but it's difficult to do this with no access. Any advice appreciated. 

Participant

Just to update this, I can get into my email from my mobile (logging in at the  TalkTalk website to my mail). I am able to forward about 3-4 emails to my Gmail address and then the connection times out. Is there some general fault causing this? I am in London, W2.

Thanks

Participant

Can anyone help with this and is anyone else having the same issue? Can't get into my address book either . Still limited access on my mobile phone too. Tried in a different browser and same issue.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi lorraineM, are you still having problems with this or did it only happen on Friday afternoon/evening?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Participant

Hi Ady, I've had the issue since Thursday. This is with chrome, now with IE I just get the three dots and never actually get to see my email display. There is no issue with logging in at all. From about 11pm - 2.30 am this morning I was able to access my email account, get into folders and start forwarding emails on my android smartphone. I had been able to access my email account on my mobile before but not for very long but between 11 and 2.30 am I had no issues on my phone at all and managed to transfer some emails to my Gmail account.  I tried again with my chrome and ie browsers but could not get in that way.

Thanks v much

Lorraine

Thanks for the information Lorraine, are you using an AntiVirus and if you are which one?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Participant

The Microsoft one, Windows defender anti-virus. In fact a message popped up last night saying that there were no threats detected.

I asked as sometimes the AV can cause issues. Are you still seeing the problems? 

Participant
Yes, I am now unable to even get to TalkTalk site using chrome. This is now 10 days. Will I lose all my remaining emails on 10 October?

Do you mean you can't get to the website for mail or you can't login when you go to try? 

Participant

Hi Ady, as mentioned before I could log in but emails were failing to load. Now I can't even access the site I get a msg saying "bad request". Since 2 days after I was informed I would need to begin paying for my email account I can't get into it at all on my laptop with chrome and limited access using IE.  I've been transferring emails across using my phone because I can at least access them via chrome on my mobile. Would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Ok if webmail is working on your phone that suggests that the problem with that bad request is to do with the browser on your laptop. You said the phone will connect but only long enough to forward a few mails. Are they all using wifi from your router?

Participant

Hi Ady, yes both WiFi.  Thanks, I'll keep going with the phone. Am I still going to be able to access emails until November? I sign in at the TalkTalk website. Thank-you,

Are you referring to a date given to you in the TalkTalkMailPlus emails? If you are then you have nothing to worry about we've suspended any action as we've got a couple of issues with the order processing aspect of the new product.

Participant

Hi again Ady

Yes, I was meaning the last day I can get any access. I just received another email saying 18 November so that's fine - I can transfer over everything by then and I'll just access using my phone. I'll only post again if I get stuck and can't access the site with my mobile. I've been with TalkTalk over 15 years but left 2 hears back because they wouldn't match the Broadband price Sky offered me. Anyway, thanks again for replying! 

You're very welcome. You know where I am if you need help.