cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error message on new my mail "unknown hostname.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Cannot access MY Mail. Error message The DNS for a domain points to this server. No virtual host has been created.

I am using a Homecall.co.uk email address. Have also updated all my browsers still no joy in accessing  the new My Mail app.

Had no problems accessing the old Webmail.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ronnieb 

The first step is to see if you can sign in to your homecall mailbox via the TTB webmail sign-in. Select 'other' in the drop-down list and enter your homecall email address and password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi yes I can log into the TTB webmail.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi ronnieb 

Bookmark the TTB sign in and use that until your mailbox receives a message from TalkTalk advising that the mailbox is being upgraded to the new TalkTalk Mail platform.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub gives further advice in the section Not Migrated yet?

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hello Gondola thank you for update regarding migration. I assumed when I saw the new Mail login page I was ready to go! Seems not.
Thanks again.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ronnieb, a divert is supposed to be in place to allow everyone to use the new login whether or not they've been migrated. It seems we're not going to fix the failure of the divert as we expect to have migrated you all in the same timeframe as the repair. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello

thanks for info. I wonder if you could clarify . Is it the case that there is a problem with the “Divert” With some email addresses. My email address being one of them.

Also you are trying to repair this problem so we failures can connect to new Mail?

I am not well versed with computer or technical explanations,sorry.

thanks

Highlighted

Ok when your mailbox has been migrated onto the new platform you won't need the divert to work as the web address already points to the new mail platform interface.

Does that make it easier to understand?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
How will I know when I have been migrated? Or Is it a case of just entering my email and password into logon box when I click on mail now and again?
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi ronnieb 

As Ady is not here right now I'll step up and let you know that prior to an individual mailbox being upgraded to the new platform TalkTalk have sent out 3 advance notice emails. I've been advised that this may be reduced to 2 advance notice emails for the final tranches of mailbox upgrades.

The first will therefore be preparing you and this will have some important information including the setup of Reset details for password recovery. IMPORTANT - please do set up Reset details.

The final one will indicate the upgrade is complete. That's when you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail. The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub has most of the essential information you need.

There's always the Online help ? on the TalkTalk Mail header bar whether signed in or not and you'll always find help and support right here on Community in this forum.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks for your help and info.
Will wait patiently on the talk talk emails coming. Can’t understand why they don’t roll out to everyone at the same time. Would save people seeking help.

Ronnieb
Highlighted

Hi Ronnieb, to move over 3 million mailboxes almost all of which are holding gb of data is a massive undertaking. Copying the data alone just for the small group of you still on Pipex etc will take 2 weeks. It's been a 6 year project since the decision to find a new platform and deliver it with minimal disruption.

I would strongly advise backing up any mails that are important to you and not to store wanted mail in trash. This is something I'll be advising everyone over the coming weeks to ensure as many as possible are protected from any possible issues with the data. 

Ady

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thank you for keeping me updated. I await welcome emails from Talk Talk.
Highlighted