Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Established Bulk Email Sender Blocked

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I own a small family run online business that has been operating since 2007. We sell Beauty Products online and have always sent a weekly newsletter. We send one newsletter every Wednesday to our Opted-In Customers with a clear, single click Opt-Out in each email.

We have a fixed IP address and DKIM and Reverse DNS setup to ensure that our email server is trusted. Having experience this issue with Yahoo and BT, they have an Authorisation Process to validate our email server but I cannot find one for talktalk/tiscali.

Before we send a new newsletter we process all bounces and unsubscribe them. This is usually about 30 a week. Last week we have nearly 800 all talktalk and tiscali addresses. Before I unsubscribe them all I was hoping I would be able to contact the postmaster to enable them to see that we are not spam senders but a legitimate business.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @kitmancraig 

I'd recommend doing nothing this week in relation to unsubscribing recipients unless in response to specific requests and just sending out the newsletter as normal.

I'm saying this because there was an authentication issue last week at the network filtering level. 

I have escalated your post to the TalkTalk team just so they can offer further advice. I will say that your processes look to be top level and I couldn't offer better advice to improve receivability.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you Gondola.

I greatly appreciate your advice on this matter. I will not unsubscribe the bounces (as mentioned) this week and I will let you know here if there is a similar issue tomorrow.

It is always nice to be told that we are doing something right. I really appreciate it.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I am pleased to say Gondola that the newsletters all seem to have been delivered without issue. I have 22 bounces today which is much better and I will unsubscribe them later today.

Thank you for your time, help and advice.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi both, it's great to see that the problem is fixed and that you've taken the time to give credit for the support. Thanks for taking the time to post on the community for help and to help. 

Merry Christmas to you both

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good morning. I seem to have the same issue again sending emails to my customers. The email server was rejecting the connection totally but now I have the following:

LOG: MAIN
cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -v -M 1jTZDK-00019I-Tf
delivering 1jTZDK-00019I-Tf
Sender identification U=euwwwpurebeautyc D=pure-beauty.co.uk S=newsletter@pure-beauty.co.uk
Connecting to mx.tiscali.co.uk [62.24.139.42]:25 ... failed: No route to host
H=mx.tiscali.co.uk [62.24.139.42] No route to host
==  R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (113): No route to host
cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -v -M 1jTZHM-0001iv-Ua
delivering 1jTZHM-0001iv-Ua
Sender identification U=euwwwpurebeautyc D=pure-beauty.co.uk S=newsletter@pure-beauty.co.uk
Connecting to mx.talktalk.net [62.24.202.42]:25 ... failed: No route to host
H=mx.talktalk.net [62.24.202.42] No route to host
==  R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (113): No route to host

I don't want to unsubscribe all of my tiscali and talktalk customers but my mail queue is bursting.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sadly as I have received no further assistance with this I have had to unsubscribe all of the accounts. I will be forwarding all of my customers to you to answer their queries as to why they are not allowed to receive our newsletter.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi kitmancraig 

TalkTalk had a week or so of issues with the MX servers accepting mail from off-platform incoming sources. This affected both talktalk and tiscali mail incoming.  Most of the mail was accepted for delivery and was ultimately delivered.

However, some mail was not accepted and was bounced back to the senders with a TT101 error and a 'no route to server' or similar error message.

This was an purely an issue with the MX servers that accept delivery of mail for onward transmission to the talktalk mail platform. Nothing to do with blocking of your service, just a fault condition that was initially intermittent and took a while to fix.

You should find that your subscribed talktalk and tiscali mail customers will be able to receive your newsletter.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer