cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ex Customer - ongoing email access

2 REPLIES 2
Team Player

We left TalkTalk  on 20/2/20 due to the ever increasing charges and reductions in added benefits.

This week we received an email stating:

As your mailbox is not attached to a broadband contract and you haven’t yet signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus, we wanted to remind you that your TalkTalk Mail service will be changed from 04/05/2020. You will only be able to check your emails by signing into TalkTalk Mail on www.talktalk.co.uk/mail, you will no longer be able to access messages through third party applications using POP3 /IMAP and any automatic forwarding rules you may have will be removed

QUESTIONS:

Does TalkTalk have a standard period of email support post contract?

Regards

Brian

Does this period include POP3/IMAP  support?

Is website access to mail time limited?

Are these dates on pause in the current coronavirus situation?

Community Star

Hi @brian33a 

TalkTalk Mail is free for TalkTalk Consumer broadband customers. Up to 5 mailboxes are offered.

If you're no longer a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer you may be restricted to webmail only access unless you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of your TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access.

During the current Government special measures there are no system deletions of mailboxes because TalkTalk want to make sure mail users can stay in touch with friends and family.

You can choose to subcribe to MailPlus to retain full functionality of mail across your email devices or choose to migrate your mail use to another mail service provider. You'll not be able to take your email address with you to another provider so you'll get a new email address from the new provider.  

If you need more than 6 months to migrate your email use then consider subscribing to MailPlus on a month by month basis for £5/month. Then when you're sure you no longer need more than a further 2 years of webmail only access to manage a smooth migration of contacts to a new email address, simply call TalkTalk to cancel MailPlus. Cancel your TalkTalk service see MailPlus.  

Have I covered everything?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Team Player

Thanks for your responses which answer my questions