Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Experiencing problems sending and receiving emails

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

I have had no problem with my emails in general but I am having trouble with sending and receiving emails from a few of my contacts. Whenever I try to reply to them it tells me that the mail is sending but then I find that it is showing in the outbox and not sent! It also states that it's a draft. 

I am also not receiving emails from the same few contacts.

I have always been able to communicate with my emails in the past, even though I'm in my mid 60s, but I just cannot seem to be able to sort it.

I found in the help site that I could be using POP3 and as I use a few  devices :- my pc, a tablet and smartphone,to access my email that perhaps I should change to IMAP. Help would be really appreciated. Mary

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Mary

When email doesn't send and is stuck in the Outbox it's because the email client (the program that manages email on your pc) cannot make a connection to the email server. This could be because the password doesn't match or because the email client settings are incorrect or incomplete.

First, I'll advise how to switch from POP3 to IMAP for all of your connected devices and to get you the correct settings. To do that I need your email domain - that's the bit after the @ in your email address. Don't post the whole address just the last bit.

And it would be useful to know each device, the operating system and email program.

For example:

1. PC, Windows 10, Outlook
  2. Samsung Tablet, Android 6, Gmail app

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Marjon67, I've changed the settings on your account. I've retested and your mailbox is working normally now. Please let me know how you get on.