Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Files with stored emails are not being pulled from webmail into Outlook

6 REPLIES 6
saiwana
First Timer

I have recently had to set up my talktalk email in Outlook. I was unable to set it up in Imap so have had to use POP3. Everything appears to work except for my stored emails in files which are not being imported into outlook.

Can anyone help please?

M

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi saiwana, why weren't you able to setup using IMAP? You'll be far better off using IMAP than settling for POP3.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

saiwana
First Timer

Hi Ady,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure why I wasn't able to set up in IMAP as I agree with you that it is much better than POP3. Can you advise if I should delete the TalkTalk account out of Outlook and then try re install using IMAP?

Mike

saiwana
First Timer

Hi Ady,

When trying to set up in IMAP I got to the stage where the system was testing the settings and then sending a test email. It was at this point the system could not verify the settings.

Mike

OCE_Ady

Hi Mike, yeah I'd remove it from Outlook and readd it. Make sure you're using the settings as they are in the help article. Be sure you've got the settings for the right domain name. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

saiwana
First Timer

Hi Ady,

Thank you for the info. I will try this again sing the info in the link. Will let you know how I get on

Mike

OCE_Michelle