Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forgotten Email address and password!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
First Timer

Forgotten Email password and recovery email is the same email.

I have forgotten the password for my talk talk email account and when trying to reset it only gives me the option to send reset info to the same email address which I can't access. I'm waiting for an important email, can you help please? 

L J Hinde
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Lusciousliesa 

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. But you say you don't have that option.

Provided the password has not been reset then if you're a TalkTalk broadband or MailPlus customer and know the current password you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you as you'll need Reset details set up.  Heads up that there may be a delay because of staffing limitations.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Lusciousliesa, we can get recovery details setup for you. I have sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary details. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer
I have OM'd Ady twice with my details and had no reply. I still can't get into my account, it is blocked. Can somebody help me please. I am shielding at the moment and need to get into my talktalk emails. Thank you.
L J Hinde
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Lusciousliesa 

I'll keep a watch on this thread for you. It will be actioned.

Highlighted
First Timer
The recovery mobile number is not one that I know do I assume my account has been hacked. My email account is blocked and I cannot access my account in Talktalk as it doesn't recognise my email address. I I'm classed as clinically vulnerable and sheilding for at least 3 months and need to access my email account urgently. There is no one over the phone I can speak to., I just get cut off.
L J Hinde
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Lusciousliesa 

Try the Forgotten your Password journey once more.

You didn't have Reset details set up before so the TalkTalk team will have set those up for you, hopefully with the details you gave to OCE_Ady.

If Reset details are set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey have a careful look at the hints and see if you recognise either the alternate email address or mobile 'phone number. Send the reset to the one that you do recognise but obviously not to the top one as that's just the email account you need access to.

You can always Update your reset details via the Main Settings menu in TalkTalk Mail.

Highlighted
First Timer
Tried this and doesn't work. I don't recognise the mobile number for password recovery. I need someone from Talk Talk to physically go into my account and change my mobile number to the correct one. So frustrating. I am a clinically vulnerable person and need to access my account.
L J Hinde
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Lusciousliesa 

I'll re-escalate to TalkTalk advising of the situation.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

I have sent you a PM

SimonB