would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forgotten Password

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Everyone

I'm growing increasingly frustrated because my wife has forgotten her email password and I do not know how to take this forward.

On Saturday my wife and myself had an online conversation with a technician from Talkl Talk for a good 90 minutes - nothing was resolved and he said someone would get back to me within 72 hours. That deadline ran out yesterday and I'm still awaiting contact.

I would have thought, perhaps naively, that this would be a simply matter to resolve.

Please, please can anyone advise me as my wife needs urgently to have email access for business purposes.

Regards

Fredjog

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Fredjog 

What's the email domain - the bit after the @ in your wife's email address?

Password recovery may have been set up for the email address with an alternate email and or mobile number. Please do try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints and if you do have access to the recovery email or mobile then please reset the password.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and then Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will pick up this topic and invite you to send your email registration details by Private Message - select their avatar image, top left of their post, and then the blue Send Message button.

• The subject title of this topic
  • Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password. Add times when you're available in person to speak to the email team.

The email team member will check security with you and let you know that password recovery is ready and will offer to help check the reset and that the new password works.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola

Thank you very much for your prompt response. The domain is Tiscali.co.uk

I have just had a Live Chat and they have given me a number to ring the Dedicated Team.

Thank you for your advice it is much appreciated

Regards

Fredjog

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Fredjog 

The email team don't accept incoming calls but do let us know how you get on with "The Dedicated Team".

Community is here to help you and we can call in help from TalkTalk's UK Community crew, 8am - 4pm weekdays.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola

i am no further forward with my problem, having spoke with the Dedicated Team and Customer services.

Customer Services told me that my wife’s email account was disconnected in 2011, which is ridiculous because up to last Friday she had been able to access her emails. 

I just do not know where I can go from here - help and advice needed.

Regards

Fredjog

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Fredjog 

OK, so, resuming where we were on post number 2, let me know what you see when you try the Password Reset option. Has it been set up with password recovery options of either an alternate email address or mobile phone number?

And are you a TalkTalk broadband customer and if so is the email in question listed in your MyAccount?

If neither of the self help options outlined above are available to you then please update your Community profile as indicated in post number 2 and I'll alert the TalkTalk team to arrange the setting up of password recovery details and or a newly generated password. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Fredjog,

How are you getting on, has Gondola's advice helped? Do you still need assistance?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris/Gondola

My wife and I are not Talk Talk broadband customers. How and where does my wife change her Community Profile ?

Regards

Fredjog

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Fredjog 

Sign in to Community and if you click or tap on your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) that's the place to put all the details requested. Go back to post number 2 to follow that through.

I've mentioned in post 2 that the TalkTalk OCE will request further details by Private Message but as that doesn't appear to be implemented yet as a changed procedure I'd suggest you put those details in Private notes at the bottom of the Community Profile Personal Information page and don't forget to Save changes.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you Gondola for all your help and support. Do I put my wife’s details in the Profile or mine as the problem refers to her and not me?

Sorry for my lack of technical know how.

Regards

Fredjog

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Fredjog 

If you think back to when the tiscali email was registered / first allocated then the details that will be recorded by TalkTalk linked to the email address will normally be the person that had the tiscali broadband service account.

If the tiscali service account was in your name then it's your details, if in your wife's name then it's your wife's details.

Highlighted

Hi Fredjog,

Do you need any further assistance adding the requested information to you Community Profile?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris

Still awaiting someone to contact me to resolve my wife’s forgotten password issue

Regards

Fredjog

Highlighted

Hi Fredjog, if you're the account holder i.e. your name is on the bill then please reply to me Personal Message and I'll be able to help get this sorted for your wife. 

Thanks 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Ady

I’ve forwarded the relevant details to you.

Thank you for your continued support

Regards

Fredjog