cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forgotten Tiscali password

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

I think my old Tiscali email has been suspended (its still active on mailchecker.com).

So I've tried to set up a new account through the links you have hear, but I am struggling.

I managed to setup a profile (Rich01) to allow me to post here, then I tried using an existing Hotmail email, then created a new talk talk email in my profile, but it keeps taking me to the login page, but its saying my login details are not correct.

I've tried following links and instructions, but I'm going around in circles. Can you please Help.

This second step in this following instruction is not appearing for me, it goes straight to the talk talk log in page.

"Choose Manage TalkTalk Mail

Further down the list, is the option to Create a mailbox and Add an existing TalkTalk Mailbox"

I also fear, if I log off tonight, I will never find my profile that I have just set up.

Please help, I really need to access my old emails from my Tiscali webmail.

Thanks for your time.

Rich01
Community Star

Hi @Rich01 

I'm guessing you're not a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer; am I right?

You believe the tiscali mailbox is still active.  Have you sent the email address a message to see if you get a bounceback 'unavailable' or 'undeliverable' error message?

Password Reset details should have been set up for the tiscali email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option.

There will be up to 3 options if normal password recovery options are there:

1. The mailbox itself for routine password changes when the current password is known
  2. A mobile number for a 6 digit password reset code sent by SMS text
  3. An alternative email address for a password reset link

If options 2 or 3 are available then you have the tools to set a new password to access your tiscali mailbox at the TalkTalk Mail sign in here.

If only option 1 is there then you'll need TalkTalk to set up password recovery Reset details.

Let us know what you see.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for your response.....Yes, you are right, I am not a Talk Talk broadband customer and the email is active, so I have followed your password reset instructions and this time it worked.

I don't know why it didn't work originally, as I hadn't forgotten my password, it just didn't work.

My other concern is that I have heard the threat of my mailbox being deleted, is there anything I have to do to stop this happening and if so, how long have I got to do it.

Thank you for your help so far.

Rich01
Community Star

Hi Rich01 

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer you may get restricted to webmail only access unless you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

If you have or receive a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of your TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access.

So it would depend if you've already received the mail message. We know that some mailboxes that had notifications a few months ago have had restricted access.

Quite a lot of people have taken up the option to subscribe to MailPlus.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Ok thank you, I will look into this.

Many thanks Rich01

Rich01