Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forgotten email password and need my password reset

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi I need help in resetting my email password other than the one I cant access, I have been going round in circles for days, I have recently upgraded my account and cant get my amazon prime code as I presume it was sent to this email address, thank for the help in advance

bigj
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jackk71 

The Amazon Prime code, if it's from TalkTalk, will have been sent to your username / MyAccount login email address.

Can you try the login to your MyAccount. If you cannot recall the password then use the Forgotten your password? recovery and there should be alternative means of MyAccount recovery to an alternate mail address or mobile.

If you can sign in to your MyAccount you'll be able to change the email mailbox password if you know the existing password. If the mailbox is the same login for MyAccount then the password will be the same.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

I have forgotten my password so can't reset it as the reset option goes straight to the email I can't access

bigj
Highlighted
First Timer

Going from other posts I need someone from talktalk to reset the password for me but I can't get anyone and have been going round in circles for the past week

bigj
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi jackk71 

OK, let's start with the email address that is the MyAccount recovery email address. I'm assuming that is a TalkTalk email address on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

As you've found that the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify you as the registered email user, secure your mailbox and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

Please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a long wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Account details
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Now, you should also be able to get into your MyAccount using the MyAccount password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @jackk71 I have sent you a PM, if you could respond to that.

Thanks

SimonB